DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Thread: Thank You!!!

Thank You!!!

Hi Fantasy Grounds Dev Team!

I don't know if any of the devs read this, but I just wanted to drop in and say thank you! Seriously, THANK YOU! Like so many other people I joined the FG community at the beginning of this pandemic, shortly after FGU early access began. Since then I have played more Dungeons & Dragons than at any time in my 20+ years of involvement in the game! My gaming group and I are all 40+, so before the pandemic hit we struggled to get together any more often than our usual monthly game. The existence of this platform has spawned some weekly-and bi-weekly games that will continue long after COVID is in the rear-view, and frankly, that hasn't happened in a decade or more (for us).

As a DM I was new and still largely untested, and this platform has allowed me to create a level of immersion that I struggled to provide at the live tabletop. During this time I went from being nervous and unsure of myself before each game, to being comfortable and confident in the story my players and I are telling together. The ability to pull in an endless variety of visuals and battle maps on the fly still amazes me every time. The ability to completely customize the module I'm running (Curse of Strahd at the moment) to add side quests, leave myself notes for later exactly where I need them, or to create/modify an NPC from an existing creature, still amazes me every time.

I know I'm a bit late to the party. I know FG has been around for a long time. But seriously y'all, this has fundamentally changed the way I experience this game I love for the better, and I can't thank you enough.

Sure, there have been bugs, setbacks, and frustrations. Sure, I've had to call a game or two when an update caused half my party to have connection or crash issues. Sure, there are some things I would like to see changed/improved.

But honestly, those things are but a candle in the way of the tsunami of fun and creativity this platform has unleashed. And it's absolutely not lost on me how difficult it must have been to manage the large-scale release of a platform still in beta during a time when The 'Rona brought so many others like me to your doorstep for the first time. Y'all did, and are still doing, a great job! Please don't let anyone tell you different!

Sincerely,
    RA

Welcome!

I am just a member of the community but yes the devs do read this forum and regularly respond on it.
    If you want a Wishlist in the Fantasy grounds store klick the link and upvote it.
    https://fgapp.idea.informer.com/proj/fgapp?ia=135468

Thanks for the kind words. It's definitely nice to hear, between all the support and requests we normally focus on.

Cheers,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    Thanks RA. We are glad to hear that your group is enjoying RPGs more regularly. That’s awesome.

Thread Information