FG Spreadshirt Swag

Thread: Odd Char import

Odd Char import

Hi!

Stupid questions time! All 6 of these characters are 150 points when made with GCS, but when imported into FGU, some are different. (I initially hadn't eliminated all the templates stuff from them and their 150 turned into 450 because I didn't remove the "choose x from", but I fixed that and this is what happened).

Also, is there any way to open the characters in GCA or GCS after exporting them? I don't see an option to open anything other than there native files.

All the other dumb questions I had this week I found by searching

Cheers!
    Fezzik
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Anybody want a peanut!

Quote Originally Posted by Fezzik Buttercup View Post
    Hi!

Stupid questions time! All 6 of these characters are 150 points when made with GCS, but when imported into FGU, some are different. (I initially hadn't eliminated all the templates stuff from them and their 150 turned into 450 because I didn't remove the "choose x from", but I fixed that and this is what happened).

Also, is there any way to open the characters in GCA or GCS after exporting them? I don't see an option to open anything other than there native files.

All the other dumb questions I had this week I found by searching

Cheers!
    Fezzik
    I'd like to know that as well because a number of characters' points are off due to importing with containers (like an "Advantages" container, which essentially counts the points twice). Since players already built their shortcut keys, I'd rather not re-import them.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFabulousIronChef View Post
    I'd like to know that as well because a number of characters' points are off due to importing with containers (like an "Advantages" container, which essentially counts the points twice). Since players already built their shortcut keys, I'd rather not re-import them.
    You can transfer those shortcut keys if you have to.
    It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.

On importing the character, I see the correct point total, but after closing and opening the character window again, it switches.

I didn't think that the ruleset could actually change the point total on a character, or am I wrong? (any time I've added an advantage or something, nothing has changed)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Anybody want a peanut!

Ok, I know why Dakota's is gibbled. Language is listed on the front page, and also on traits (disadvantages) for native knowledge; so those points were counted twice.

I fixed Stephan's because he had a left over "choose -30 from"; but nothing changed on either when I corrected them.

Lon's extra point was like Dakota's... he has cultural familiarity, which is 1 point on both advantages and front page.
    Anybody want a peanut!

Thread Information