Starfinder Playlist
Page 68 of 144 First ... 1858666768697078118 ... Last
    SFRPG ruleset (v2021-08-17) for Fantasy Grounds no extensions

The spell Soul Reap does not have the correct damage type. Currently "the" is listed as the damage type. The text of the spell doesn't have a damage type listed. The spell is supposed to only work on undead. I would probably use force as the damage type because this will allow it to work on regular undead and Incorporeal undead.

Soul Reap is found in AA4 on page 91.
    FGU Ultimate License
    FG Discord - Lord_Ulric
    Time Zone: US Eastern (GMT -5)
    Playing -
    Starfinder, D&D, Savage Worlds, Call of Cthulhu, Hero System aka Champions, Traveller, and more!
    My Forge Creations

Quote Originally Posted by Ulric View Post

The spell Soul Reap does not have the correct damage type. Currently "the" is listed as the damage type. The text of the spell doesn't have a damage type listed. The spell is supposed to only work on undead. I would probably use force as the damage type because this will allow it to work on regular undead and Incorporeal undead.
    I will look into it and get it fixed. It may be a spell parsing error. Thanks for pointing it out.

Madman..
    "Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."...MJK... Tool frontman

Starfinder Pact Worlds no longer displays any of the character themes related to the book.
    Starfinder Pact Worlds (Players) for some reason DOES display them.

This also seems to apply to everything else, e.g. items, Races, etc.

(SFRPG ruleset v2021-08-17)
    Last edited by HeckoX; September 10th, 2021 at 15:41. Reason: more info

Quote Originally Posted by HeckoX View Post
    Starfinder Pact Worlds no longer displays any of the character themes related to the book.
    Starfinder Pact Worlds (Players) for some reason DOES display them.

This also seems to apply to everything else, e.g. items, Races, etc.

(SFRPG ruleset v2021-08-17)
    This is intended as character options are located in player modules. This allows players to access the modules and interact with the data.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    This is intended as character options are located in player modules. This allows players to access the modules and interact with the data.
    Right... but couldn't the players have done the same if the GM made it possible to load the original module? Which would also result in less maintenance, fewer errors, and the same result on both ends since the GM needs to make it possible to load the player version as well anyway?

When I bought the Pact Worlds, it was only a single module, and now every character sheet that includes anything from the original module (where the content has been split and moved to a "player module") not only fails to load the content, but also creates records that cannot be deleted, because FG thinks it's part of the module.

Is it safe to assume that even if the split was intended, the above result was not? And save for directly editing the db.xml, which not everyone knows how to safely do, how should the above be resolved?

I wanted to relay that the behavior you described, would be expected behavior for commercial products. The change in linkage would be something I would expect if the change was made suddenly. The change would cause the links to break in any campaign that set them up. I further investigated and the split to two modules was performed in April of 2018. This change was not a recent one and not one where I was with the company to assist in providing any migration of the data. So has it been some time since you've used Fantasy Grounds and this particular product?
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    I wanted to relay that the behavior you described, would be expected behavior for commercial products. The change in linkage would be something I would expect if the change was made suddenly. The change would cause the links to break in any campaign that set them up. I further investigated and the split to two modules was performed in April of 2018. This change was not a recent one and not one where I was with the company to assist in providing any migration of the data. So has it been some time since you've used Fantasy Grounds and this particular product?
    No, I use FG regularly and for that particular campaign once a month.

I will take your word for that it was split on April 2018, but according to a backup I have from Juli 13 of 2020, themes for Starfinder Pact Worlds were present in the non-player version of the module, as it was possible to create a character with the Roboticist theme with the main module as reference:
    Code:
    <themelink type="windowreference">
    	<class>theme</class>
    	<recordname>reference.theme.roboticist@Starfinder Pact Worlds</recordname>
    </themelink>
    <themerecord type="string">reference.theme.roboticist@Starfinder Pact Worlds</themerecord>
    <token type="token">tokens/host/Player chars/Armogorashtakaz.png</token>
    During a level-up on April 10/11 2021, I find no indication of an error having accured when the theme was "re-applied" - the theme record was still as seen above.

During a level-up today, an error occured when FG was not able to find said reference in the module. When trying to check the theme manually, it created an empty read-only record in the module.
    The theme did not work until i manually updated the db.xml with reference.theme.roboticist@Starfinder Pact Worlds (Players), so even if the split may have occured in April 2018, the main module must've had a full list of content and not just this:
    GM version.png

Else, the character sheet could not have been created in the way it was, and the console would've displayed errors with each level-up.

Can you provide me a copy of your campaign please? It will help in looking over the issue.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

Sure thing, maybe you can spot something I've missed.
    I'll send a link to an online backup of the campaign from last month in a PM, since I don't want it lying around

Quote Originally Posted by HeckoX View Post
    Sure thing, maybe you can spot something I've missed.
    I'll send a link to an online backup of the campaign from last month in a PM, since I don't want it lying around
    Appreciate it, its sometimes best to see a campaign's data to best fix the issue. It might also be a good idea to keep this copy in case my fix help this campaign
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

Thread Information