STAR TREK 2d20
Page 138 of 144 First ... 3888128136137138139140 ... Last
    The update @superteddy57 mentioned is now in the patch system. Please run a new Check for Updates, and try again.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    The update @superteddy57 mentioned is now in the patch system. Please run a new Check for Updates, and try again.

Regards,
    JPG
    Yay, thanks for tackling those bugs, so far I tried Vehicles and Drones successfully going into the CT. Mechs change the actions tab correctly when getting in and out, but... and even though this is similar to vehicles, this might not have been a bug that was getting looked at:

But I have to open the mech to drag it into the CT, and it says something in the chat whenever you hop in: (now I don't know the intended means of using a mech with the character sheet, so I'm assuming this is not intended)
    mechError.png

I should also note I dragged in a Mech NPC to create the Mech from the Tech Revolution module.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaibach333 View Post
    Yay, thanks for tackling those bugs, so far I tried Vehicles and Drones successfully going into the CT. Mechs change the actions tab correctly when getting in and out, but... and even though this is similar to vehicles, this might not have been a bug that was getting looked at:

But I have to open the mech to drag it into the CT, and it says something in the chat whenever you hop in: (now I don't know the intended means of using a mech with the character sheet, so I'm assuming this is not intended)
    mechError.png

I should also note I dragged in a Mech NPC to create the Mech from the Tech Revolution module.
    Well you shouldn't add PC Mechs directly to the CT. They are treated like armor in terms of the logic of the system. There should be a blue button next to the mech in the gear -> vehicle tab. This will tell FG that the PC will be entering the vehicle. I did find some issues with this when I was looking over the code. A fix will be pushed with the next ruleset update.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Oh awesome! looking forward to that fix, my PCs plan on getting some in our current campaign, eventually... that'll be a slick way to manage those.

That screen capture I named mechError.png might not be related to mechs at all... whenever I add a weapon to my PCs it says that in the chat... if it's a missing record how do I track what is missing? I have all my book modules loaded and refreshed, still getting the notice...

for reference: mechError.png
    Last edited by Zaibach333; March 20th, 2024 at 22:18.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaibach333 View Post
    That screen capture I named mechError.png might not be related to mechs at all... whenever I add a weapon to my PCs it says that in the chat... if it's a missing record how do I track what is missing? I have all my book modules loaded and refreshed, still getting the notice...

for reference: mechError.png
    When reporting, please provide as much detail as possible to try and replicate it on my end. I tested dropping a weapon on the character sheet and am not able to have that message appear in chat. I might be missing a step, so more details helps in tracking it down.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    When reporting, please provide as much detail as possible to try and replicate it on my end. I tested dropping a weapon on the character sheet and am not able to have that message appear in chat. I might be missing a step, so more details helps in tracking it down.
    gotcha, so I'm going to try reproducing this in a new campaign folder, jotting down as I go:

1. Start a new campaign
    2. Activate the core rulebook
    3. Create a new player character with the plus button
    4. give it a name
    5. drag in the human race
    6. I dont think the selection matters for ability point but I said str
    7. drag in the Ace Pilot Theme
    8. drag in the Mechanic class
    9. I added 1 rank to all the class skills
    10. I added Skill focus to the feats, altered the text to say "Skill Focus (Piloting)"
    11. I added 3 to the IN misc modifier on the skills tab
    12. Now I open the gear inventory tab
    13. I open the Items window and drag in the ranged weapon: "Zero rifle, frostbite-class" to the gear inventory tab of the PC
    14. Observe the chat has two new messages saying "Unable to find record to match link dropped. CHeck to make sure the correct modules are open."

I didn't try narrowing down the steps but this is what I did to get it...

FantasyGrounds_4zpsf79YuG.png

Followed those steps and not able to replicate. I would say wait for the new build that has those fixes from earlier and it may have sorted it. It does appear the item is in your inventory and something else is creeping in. The other solution might be is opening a new campaign and trying to replicate it and see if it produces the same result. If not, then the core rulebook module may need reverting.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

I know it was partially mentioned, just to make sure it's not lost in another thread:

Bug: Mechs in PCs aren't behaving correctly when getting off and on, in regards to the CT, Token, Image, size etc. maybe some other things

That should be sorted as I looked at it with the last round of fixes. The only thing it won't do is update the token as that system was changed at the base level. Need more time to look it over. It should change the space value for the character and adjust it's token size on the image.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

Thread Information