DICE PACKS BUNDLE
    2. I was able to see where I goofed. I will have a fix available after some testing.
    4. I found the code wasn't grabbing the proper button. I will have a fix available after testing with the previous change as well.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Quote Originally Posted by HeckoX View Post
    You mean for the console?
    If you click Compile Logs on the top left of the console window, it creates a zip folder on the desktop with all the logs.
    Just open it (no need to unzip), open the console log, and you can copy/paste everything from there
    Yeah, I did figure that out, but the window is *right there*. I ought to be able to just mouse select the text and copy/paste without going through all the intermediate steps. If they're using any of the standard Unity text controls it should be easy to make it selectable.

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    2. I was able to see where I goofed. I will have a fix available after some testing.
    4. I found the code wasn't grabbing the proper button. I will have a fix available after testing with the previous change as well.
    Awesome. I'm happy to be a tester if you have a way to get me an update.

Quote Originally Posted by RickSaada View Post
    Yeah, I did figure that out, but the window is *right there*. I ought to be able to just mouse select the text and copy/paste without going through all the intermediate steps. If they're using any of the standard Unity text controls it should be easy to make it selectable.
    Pretty sure it's not set up for that, but to simply be a viewer to the console.log file in your \AppData\Roaming\SmiteWorks\Fantasy Grounds (default placement) folder.
    Clicking compile logs basically just makes copies of all the files in that folder, so they aren't overwritten.

Feel free to suggest copy/pasting directly from the console log viewer as a general update/improvement here: https://fgapp.idea.informer.com/

Quote Originally Posted by HeckoX View Post
    Feel free to suggest copy/pasting directly from the console log viewer as a general update/improvement here: https://fgapp.idea.informer.com/
    Done! Although I note that there are exactly 0 suggestions there that are In Process or Scheduled, so I'm not sure it's actually used. In fact one of the suggestions is that Smiteworks should pay attention to the page

We don't track status of projects publicly, since many projects are being prototyped and explored according to priorities that depend on the business needs, support needs, new features, quality of life changes, and user feedback.

In fact, I just marked off several of them last week.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    In fact, I just marked off several of them last week.

Regards,
    JPG
    Yay! So they go straight from Under Consideration to Completed? Well that's nice to know. Thanks for taking the time to answer.

SFRPG Starship Sheet Issues

Hi, I came across 3 issues with the SFRPG PC Starship sheet.

1) I added two power cores to the PC Starship, but neither appeared, so I'm not sure how to view or remove them (screenshots attached).

Power Cores added
    Power Cores Added to PC Starship Sheet 10-23-2022.png

Power Cores visibility issue
    Power Core Visibility Issue 10-23-2022.png

1.5) Note that only when I closed and reopened the Starship sheet, it reflected the 2nd Power Core (total Power Core Units (PCU)), but doesn't show the added Cores (screenshot below).
    PCU PC Starship Sheet Refresh 10-23-2022.png

2) Damage Threshold (DT) issue

The SF CRB (3rd printing) states, on p.292:
    Damage Threshold (DT): If an attack deals less damage than this value, that damage isn’t counted against the ship’s total Hull Points. Only Huge or Larger ships have a Damage Threshold, and it matters only when such a starship’s shields are depleted (see page 320).
    However, when creating the Bulk Freighter (size = Huge), the DT was not populated, nor could I edit the DT field on the sheet (screenshot below). Therefore, I was not able to test if the DT factored against incoming damage either.
    DT Issue 10-23-2022.png

3) I received an error message when adding anything to the Expansion Bays section (screenshot below).
    Expansion Bays add error 10-23-2022.png

Thank you,
    jrock1

PS: it looks like there may be a few items missing items for system and/or expansions bays. I will check again and post another bug report entry if needed.
    Last edited by jrock1; October 24th, 2022 at 00:03. Reason: Updated formatting & added a PS.

These fixes have been reported and are part of the next round of updates for the ruleset.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

More starship-related quibbles incoming...

1. Adding starship weapons to a PC ship does not (visibly) update the ship's current PCU/BP. This problem is evident with the current BP value shown at the top of the ship sheet, and the power core(s) display on the ship's main page. The problem IS NOT with the PCU & BP Summary windows. The latter two seem to be working fine. This problem also occurs when adding/removing new weapon mounts. Same thing happens when adding/changing power cores. Adding or changing any OTHER starship system (computer/armour/thrusters, etc.) does force the newly calculated (and correct) PCU/BP numbers to appear, so it's not the end of the world. I'm assuming this may be related to the Power Core issue that jrock1 just mentioned, but I thought I'd better point it out, just in case the issue with weapons (& weapon mounts) flew underneath the radar.

2. The BP cost of adding light turret mounts to a PC ship appears to be wrong. Currently, a new turret mounts cost 3 BP (which is the correct cost for a normal, non-turret, light weapon mount). The cost should be 5 BP, according to page 305 of the CRB.

3. The DCs for the "Encourage" starship action (as part of the Captain role) appear to be wrong. In Fantasy Grounds, they DCs for this starship action are currently scaling up at a rate equal to the tier of the user's ship. However, the DC for this action should be a flat 15 when using the Diplomacy skill, and a lower DC of 10 when using the same skill check that the encouraged crew member is about to take. (The following screenshot highlights the issue from the player's perspective. The ship they are captain-ing is a Tier 5 ship)

EncourageAction.JPG

On a side-note, the list of skills available to make the DC 10 check against does not currently include Gunnery. The PC Captain can, of course, switch to the Gunnery role and make their check from that interface. It's just a tiny bit less convenient that way.

4. If someone adds a new turret mount to a PC starship, and then proceeds to upgrade it to a HEAVY turret mount, AND THEN proceeds to delete this heavy turret mount entirely, (specifically from the "Tactical" tab of the starship sheet)... This process does not inherently delete the 6 BP cost associated with the light-to-heavy turret upgrade. This 6 BP continues to count against the starship's BP allowance, despite the fact that the associated weapon mount no longer exists... I had a small panic attack when I realized that this process might have irreparably damaged my players' starship sheet. Thankfully, I found the 6 BP entry on the BP Summary window, and was able to delete it from there.

5. The Antipersonnel Weapon (both longarm and heavy versions, both of which are included in the Starfinder Core Rulebook module) do not count against a starship's current BP when applied to a PC starship. I initially assumed this was part of the slightly-broader problem mentioned in point #1. It took me a little while to recognize that these were separate issues, given that the BP cost for this particular starship item is not static. I forged a work-around by copying the starship item entry, and applied a static BP cost to the newly-copied starship item... Now, I ABSOLUTELY realize that this particular item will probably never get enough widespread use to justify a more robust, user-friendly solution (like, say, a window popup that asks for the item level of the antipersonnel weapon that the PCs want to install, which in turn creates a new starship item entry with the freshly-calculated BP cost) but if you've got a list of things to maybe look at when you're NOT busy squashing more pressing bugs, maybe drop this at the absolute very end of that list.

Cheers, and thanks for all the work you do.
    Last edited by Graylight; October 25th, 2022 at 10:29. Reason: Trying to fix the linked image...

Thread Information