DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 10 of 143 First ... 891011122060110 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by bratch9 View Post
    fgu sfrpg 2.1.9, core 3.3.12

attached is sf.zip, which includes a campaign and 3 images.

i had an issue distributing party sheet items.

the campaign is pre-setup for you to open the part sheet tab, swap to inventory and press the 'down' arrow to award the items. (a.png)

after pressing the award, you will see a '[WARNING] Unable to transfer item to character. (Battery) (D'errik D'essania Du D'point )' (b.png)

after pressing the award a second time, the item is correctly awarded.. (c.png)

The issue is because 'D'errik D'essania Du D'point ' has a trailing space on the end of his character sheet name, and when you set this name in the middle of a group of other names in the 'assignment' box by typing the first letter of the name and a ',' to fill out the name to add extra players.... You can see the space between 'D'point ,Larr' in (a.png)

When the award items button is pressed it must 'split' the names out by ',' search and which probably 'trim's the space from the name in the process... and then it can not exact 'match' with the character name that still has the space on the end.

I suspect after the first award, the remaining assignment box now with 1 player name still has the 'space' on the end, and so it then matches the players name with the space and correctly applies the item.

So a case of a missing 'trim' on the player name during the 'match' name for assignment.. ie splitting the assignment string gets a trim but the match to player name does not get a trim..

Yes I can correct the name of the player, but clearly 'odd' spaces between ',' sections get a trim, either player name assignment/edit should 'trim' on value change... or the name compare on assignment should get a trim.

thanks, Pete

looking in the db.xml after first assignment, the list clearly still has the 'space' on the end of the name..

<treasureparcelitemlist>
    <public />
    <id-00001>
    <public />
    <assign type="string">D'errik D'essania Du D'point </assign>
    Thank you for the report. I have checked out the ruleset code and it looks like the trim is performed deeper in Core. So I will take a look at what needs to be changed and if find a solution, submit an update to that layer.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    Thank you for the report. I have checked out the ruleset code and it looks like the trim is performed deeper in Core. So I will take a look at what needs to be changed and if find a solution, submit an update to that layer.
    Thanks, Yep I suspected Core, as I think the utils to do 'split/trim' are down at that level, and probably base functions for assigning items on the PS.

Should grenades cause a reflex save to be thrown ? ( They dont seem to... )

also, see attached, should incendiary grenades get a 'burn' option in the weapon meta data.. ( see laser pistol example )

( Not sure if the 'burn' or 'Burn' is the issue or if it needs to be infront of the damage dice.. )
    Attached Images Attached Images

The grenade would have to be turned into a save effect for it to produce the save you were looking to perform. It is currently on my list to expand the actions tab to perform some new and neat things, but for now your best bet would be to make a power that will cause the enemy to make a save and damage on a fail.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

And what about the burn damage on the grenade ?

Its combined the (1d6 F, 1d4 burn, 5ft) into a single line into (dice 1d6 + 1d4 ) F, and lost the Burn option, which should go into DMGO effect like the laser ?

while the laser pistol is only on critical, the grenade is on all damage rolls ?

Bugs found yesterday:

- Starship Port shields not working correctly

- Also, when Shields are changed by GM in the PC's Ship Tab, Role Actions are turned off (reset)

- PC Ship's Weapons Tab - Shield calculation not working correctly

- Target Skill for Science Role DC value not calculated correctly in ship encounters

- SF Party Sheet, Parcel distribution not working - sometimes items transfer correctly - but only 1 (single) items. Other items never make it to their respective PC sheets. I suspect this is a FGU problem???

Griffonbait
    Socially Distanced since 08/2008 C.E.

Preferred Rule Systems:
    — D&D (any); RM2, RMFRP; SM2, SM:P; PF2, SF; +++
    — SWRPG (FFG); Genesys; L5R (FFG), WFRP (3rd Ed, FFG)

Discord: griffonbait
    Ultimate Licenses: FGC + FGU, FoundryVTT, ++

Timezone: Aussie Central Standard Time (ACST) (UTC +8.5, +9.5 daylight savings time)
    Playtime: Prefer 7:00 AM - 11:00 PM ACST

Currently:
    — GMing: RMFRP Weekly, Friday 9:30 AM - 4:30 PM [FGU];
    — Playing:

Pushed a hotfix update today to see if that would resolve your shield issue. I tested it under the latest version and did not see those issues. Please elaborate for me on this item "Target Skill for Science Role DC value not calculated correctly in ship encounters". I'm not sure I understand.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

Compound Resists not working

Hello all!

SF isn't generally my ruleset, but in helping someone at FG college with an effects question, we came across a few issues with RESIST.

Steps to Reproduce
    1. Add effect that gives more than enough resistance to any two damage types (I used "Thermal Capacitor mk1; RESIST:50 fire; RESIST:50 cold;").
    2. Have a weapon that does both Fire and Cold Damage (I used a d8 damage weapon)
    3. Roll against target.

Expected Outcome
    The damage should be FAR less than the resistance, and the player should take no damage.

Actual Outcome
    It seems like FG stops reading after the first RESIST, and deals half damage (in this case, cold).

I tested this with "piercing,slashing" as well.

Note, I may not have put in the weapon correctly (I just added weapon from the actions menu right click menu), but I did have someone else in the college test this.

Teddy, it was Ravien in the college, you should be able to see the convo we had around this time.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Castellanox7 View Post
    Hello all!

SF isn't generally my ruleset, but in helping someone at FG college with an effects question, we came across a few issues with RESIST.

Steps to Reproduce
    1. Add effect that gives more than enough resistance to any two damage types (I used "Thermal Capacitor mk1; RESIST:50 fire; RESIST:50 cold;").
    2. Have a weapon that does both Fire and Cold Damage (I used a d8 damage weapon)
    3. Roll against target.

Expected Outcome
    The damage should be FAR less than the resistance, and the player should take no damage.

Actual Outcome
    It seems like FG stops reading after the first RESIST, and deals half damage (in this case, cold).

I tested this with "piercing,slashing" as well.

Note, I may not have put in the weapon correctly (I just added weapon from the actions menu right click menu), but I did have someone else in the college test this.

Teddy, it was Ravien in the college, you should be able to see the convo we had around this time.

Thanks!
    It only happens when you have more than one damage type (e.g. "F & C" as the weapon's damage type). If you have either Fire or Cold, it works correctly...it's in the damage system (I think) where the damage is split between the weapon's damage types that it doesn't check for resistance more than once...

But also, you can't currently specify more than one type of resistance (e.g. RESIST: 50 fire,cold) but separately on the same line works (e.g. RESIST: 50 fire; RESIST: 50 cold) (not saying you did)
    Last edited by deer_buster; November 19th, 2020 at 07:09.
    aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

Extension Support Discord: https://discord.gg/gKgC7nGpZK

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by deer_buster View Post
    It only happens when you have more than one damage type (e.g. "F & C" as the weapon's damage type). If you have either Fire or Cold, it works correctly...it's in the damage system (I think) where the damage is split between the weapon's damage types that it doesn't check for resistance more than once...

But also, you can't currently specify more than one type of resistance (e.g. RESIST: 50 fire,cold) but separately on the same line works (e.g. RESIST: 50 fire; RESIST: 50 cold) (not saying you did)
    I understand the system does the half/half, but unless that has something to do with things, I'm able to do the same effect in the PF1e ruleset (cause I'm not comparing 5e to SF), and it resists the entire way through.

Thread Information