Starfinder Playlist
    I guess the standard questions of do you have ANY mod's / extenstions that effect the combat tracker? does it happen in a fresh campaign, with no mods / ext?
    It's not happening to me.

tried it with and without any mods/extensions, but I will launch a fresh campaign to see if that make a difference
    Last edited by clallen23; March 31st, 2023 at 00:05.

fresh campaign no mods/extensions, just loaded core rules, and Alien Archive 1 & 2 (to have npc's to put on the tracker). Still the same problem. The higher initiative goes last

I've tested this with npcs and a player character and the combat tracker is not showing in reverse order with my testing.
    Screenshot 2023-03-30 220322.png
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Please pardon the wall of text, but here’s a smattering of issues I’ve encountered in the past month or so… And one of which I just stumbled across today.

The GM portion of Alien Archive 1 is gone, as of today.
    With the most recent update, I’ve found that the monsters and tokens from AA1 are no longer accessible. Both in old, or newly-created campaigns. The GM portion of AA1 has vanished from the Module Activation page. It would appear that the player-facing content is the only part that remains. AA1gone.jpg

Conditions
    Encumbered/Overburdened
    These two basic conditions/effects appear to be applying a -5 penalty to various unrelated/unintended PC statistics. Most notably, this condition currently gives an erroneous -5 penalty to the following:

• EAC/KAC. Encumbrance should apply a more nuanced penalty to Max Dex to AC, but that's doesn't appear to be happening here.
    • Weapon damage rolls, including ranged weapons and grenades.

In Fantasy Grounds, these conditions also give a (possibly erroneous) -5 penalty to all attack rolls, with the seemingly-sole exception of thrown weapon rolls made from the “Main” page of the character’s sheet... However, the subject of whether the Encumbered/Overburdened condition should/shouldn’t apply a penalty to attack rolls under Starfinder’s ruleset is (unfortunately) not as clear-cut as I would like it to be. According to the CRB (pages 275 & 276), the Encumbered/Overburdened conditions only apply their -5 penalties to “Strength- and Dexterity-based checks”. Meanwhile, page 8 of the CRB seems to draw a line between “Attack rolls” and “Checks” without explicitly stating that both terms are mutually exclusive. I wish I could say with more confidence that encumbrance penalties should not apply to attack rolls (as was the case in D&D3.5 and PF1) but I lack unambiguous and unassailable evidence in this matter.

Entangled
    FG’s implementation of the Entangled condition currently does not apply the requisite -2 penalty to AC, as well as melee attack rolls. Most ranged attack rolls ARE working correctly, but thrown weapon rolls made from the “Main” page of the character’s sheet are not receiving the expected -2 penalty.

Custom Effects
    This bug is quite minor in the grand scheme of things, but it’s readily reproducible. Here are the steps.

1. Go to the Effects window, and create a new custom effect.
    2. Type some text into the newly created custom effect. Any text. But it needs to be SOME text, as a blank field will not trigger the otherwise-imminent bug.
    3. BEFORE PRESSING ENTER (or otherwise clicking away from the text entry field) left click on the little “visibility” eyeball to the right of the effect. Bug1.JPG
    4. Observe! Bug2.JPG Everything on your list of custom effects has been visibly duplicated, including the newly-created effect. Thankfully, these unwanted duplicates are easily removed, simply by adding ANOTHER custom effect to the list.

Minor typoes that I’ve noticed
    Within the Alien Archive 3 module, one of the images of the espraksa bird-people appears to depict an “espraksa performer”. But the image has been given the title of “espraksa pREformer”.

Another image in the AA3 module depicts a cardboard box filled with tashtari puppies. However, the name of the image includes an extra “I” (the image in question is currently entitled “Tashitari Puppies”). This means the puppy image will not turn up if you’re try to search for images of “tashtari”. Which could be profoundly sad for people who wish to fawn over pictures of cute alien dogs.
    Last edited by Graylight; April 6th, 2023 at 09:05. Reason: Additional images and context.

I looked into the Conditions section and will be pushing some updates with the next weekly update with what I have found.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

I will get the image errors fixed. Thanks for reporting these.

Madman..
    "Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."...MJK... Tool frontman

Quote Originally Posted by Graylight View Post

The GM portion of Alien Archive 1 is gone, as of today.
    With the most recent update, I’ve found that the monsters and tokens from AA1 are no longer accessible. Both in old, or newly-created campaigns. The GM portion of AA1 has vanished from the Module Activation page. It would appear that the player-facing content is the only part that remains.
    A hotfix went out for this today..

Madman
    "Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."...MJK... Tool frontman

For starship combat, I have noticed that the minor crew action snap shot does not include any modifiers when you do the roll. Specifically I have tested using a Deaths Head Necro Glider. I made a copy of the ship, unlocked it and added an entry for the gunner using the supplied pilot's gunnery modifier. Doing a regular shot with the gunner uses the gunnery modifier but doing the minor crew action snap shot simply rolls a d20 and does not include the gunnery modifier or the -2 inherent to the snap shot action. Same result when using the built in pilot.

Quote Originally Posted by CotillionTheRope View Post
    For starship combat, I have noticed that the minor crew action snap shot does not include any modifiers when you do the roll. Specifically I have tested using a Deaths Head Necro Glider. I made a copy of the ship, unlocked it and added an entry for the gunner using the supplied pilot's gunnery modifier. Doing a regular shot with the gunner uses the gunnery modifier but doing the minor crew action snap shot simply rolls a d20 and does not include the gunnery modifier or the -2 inherent to the snap shot action. Same result when using the built in pilot.
    I was able to locate the issue. However the ruleset is currently now in lock down for a major update incoming. I would suggest to adding the -2 modifier to the modifier box for the time being.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

Thread Information