Starfinder Playlist

So, still no vehicle support, is it ever going to happen?

Long story short, vehicles came up in our last game, what an absolute fiasco. Why even bother having their statblocks when they do not function in the ruleset AT ALL. Several years since SF released on FG and it is still missing core rulebook stuff like this.
    -,- Again, thoroughly disappointed with the half-assed job FG have done of SF. It is miles behind other rulesets. It is more complicated than a lot of rulesets, yes, but if you can't manage to deliver a fully functional ruleset YEARS after the initial release on your platform, you really should be taking a long hard look at your capabilities before taking on such tasks.

Also, after the crappy update to the ruleset, you can't even assign a sidebar for vehicles, the only way I have found to locate them is through data, and that brings up the weird uneditable list thing in the fancy window rather than one akin to the regular item list! Great success!
    Last edited by Argonautking; October 31st, 2020 at 06:42.

Vehicles have been merged with NPC records to allow them to be added to the combat tracker. The combat tracker also has expanded to include the cover and hardness ratings for the vehicles. The attack damage is also rollable as well.

Capture.PNG
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Quote Originally Posted by Argonautking View Post
    Also, after the crappy update to the ruleset, you can't even assign a sidebar for vehicles, the only way I have found to locate them is through data, and that brings up the weird uneditable list thing in the fancy window rather than one akin to the regular item list! Great success!
    I personally think superteddy57 is doing a great job. There was a lot of "sins of the past" built into the ruleset due to the fact that it was built on top of Pathfinder's ruleset. superteddy57 has the unenviable task of trying to strip the ruleset down to what is needed and then building it up again correctly. This is a long, phased process, and, frankly, as someone who is a developer in real life that has to deal with previously developed code, you should cut him a little slack.

The other option you have is that nobody works on SFRPG to fix the many underlying issues, unless you are stepping up to volunteer????
    aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

Extension Support Discord: https://discord.gg/gKgC7nGpZK

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

The Starfinder ruleset is amazing and continues to get better. Every time Paizo releases a new book additional functionality has to be added and Superteddy57 is doing a great job. We are lucky we have someone dedicated to improving the ruleset.

Honestly, watching how Starfinder on Fantasy Grounds has slowly gotten better and better since I first played it on Fantasy Grounds, every dev that has worked on this has done an amazing job - ESPECIALLY considering that Starfinder in general lacks a unified mechanic design philosophy (in contrast to Pathfinder 2). Paizo obviously uses Starfinder as a testbed for where their game designers can stretch their imagination and their design skills and some of the sub-systems get a little crazy.

I think that everyone in this thread makes solid points. Superteddy57 has been doing a great job with handling the Vehicle combat tracker since it's release and has seen many improvements and I am grateful for it, even as it stands. That being said, I would like for every system to have a vehicle combat tracker with a "vehicles" tab on the party sheet like SFRPG. With the support of animated maps and such, FG should have tools for ALL SYSTEMS to support either a chase or vehicle combat tracker as systems like CPR, STA, Dune, Alien RPG, Traveller, SWADE, CoC, and PFRPG and DnD all have some form of vehicle combat with cars, cycles, warships, helicopters, and any other vehicle that players may want to experience where players have control over certain aspects of the vehicle combat. SFRPG is a great starting point and I would greatly love and appreciate a vehicle combat tracker be a standard for the "CoreRPG" system implemented in the FG system.

Also. I'm aware I am 4 years late to the discussion but the all points still stand today.

Thread Information