DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 5 of 137 First ... 345671555105 ... Last
    I've had one of my player's who's a technomancer mention that using the Mod column for his personal upgrades doesn't add the correct spell DC in the spell tab. He's got 18 INT with a mk2 personal upgrade for +4 in his stat. If we enter his INT as 22 in the main field, we get the +6 modifier and his spell DC is correct. If we put his INT as 18 and a 4 in the Mod column, his bonus is showing as +6, but is not reflected correctly for his spell DC.

Simple workaround is just to add the total INT in the main field, but some will probably not notice the spell DC.

edit: finally got this in the right spot!
    Attached Images Attached Images

credit/UPB not assigned to character sheet properly.

see attched....

1. create new character.
    2. add to party sheet
    3. add some upb..
    4. assign it to character..
    5. see it assigned to credit.

The issue is that when assign to a new character the coins is not updated correct,

<coins>
    <slot1>
    <amount type="number">50</amount>
    <name type="string">UPB</name>
    </slot1>
    <slot2>
    <amount type="number">0</amount>
    </slot2>
    <slot3>
    </slot3>
    </coins>

By the looks the character sheet expects UPB to be in 'coins.slot3', while the party sheet is looking for the 'name string UPB', when it does not find it it just uses 'coins.slot1'

To fix it I adjusted the character sheet to,

<coins>
    <slot1>
    <name type="string">CREDIT</name>
    </slot1>
    <slot2>
    <name type="string">INCOME</name>
    </slot2>
    <slot3>
    <amount type="number">50</amount>
    <name type="string">UPB</name>
    </slot3>
    </coins>

Also note that, 'updateEncumbrance' in manager_chat.lua assumes UPB is always in 'coin.slot3'

'local nUPB = DB.getValue(nodeChar, "coins.slot3.amount", 0);'

Also note, 'charsheetmini_inventory' sheet assumes 'credit' is 'coins.slot1' and 'UPB' is 'coins.slot3'
    <windowclass name="charsheetmini_inventory">
    <sheetdata>
    <frame_char name="mini_coinframe">
    <bounds>0,10,-5,65</bounds>
    </frame_char>
    <number_dropadd name="coinamount1" source="coins.slot1.amount">
    <anchored to="mini_coinframe" width="50" height="20">
    <top offset="30" />
    <right anchor="center" offset="-65" />
    </anchored>
    </number_dropadd>
    <label_fieldtop>
    <anchored to="coinamount1" />
    <static>Credits</static>
    </label_fieldtop>

<number_dropadd name="coinamount3" source="coins.slot3.amount">
    <anchored to="mini_coinframe" width="50" height="20">
    <top offset="30" />
    <left anchor="center" offset="5" />
    </anchored>
    </number_dropadd>
    <label_fieldtop>
    <anchored to="coinamount3" />
    <static>UPB</static>
    </label_fieldtop>

Also note, 'charsheet_inventory', uses 'coins.slot1' as 'income amount', 'coins.slot2' as 'credit amount', 'coins.slot3' as 'UPB amount'

<number_dropadd name="incomeamount" source="coins.slot1.amount">
    <anchored to="coinframe" position="insidetopleft" offset="70,40" width="60" height="20" />
    </number_dropadd>
    <label name="incomelabel" source="coins.slot1.name">
    <anchored to="incomeamount" position="lefthigh" offset="10,2" />
    <lineoffset default="off" mergerule="replace">0</lineoffset>
    <static>Credits</static>
    <right />
    </label>
    <number_dropadd name="creditamount" source="coins.slot2.amount">
    <anchored to="incomeamount" position="below" offset="0,6" height="20" />
    </number_dropadd>
    <label name="creditlabel" source="coins.slot2.name">
    <anchored to="creditamount" position="lefthigh" offset="10, 2" />
    <lineoffset default="off" mergerule="replace">0</lineoffset>
    <static>Income</static>

<right />
    </label>
    <number_dropadd name="upbamount" source="coins.slot3.amount">

While I actually think the on the slots for character sheet is 1=>credit, 1=>income, 3=>UPB, so I think a number of mismatch in the system is causing this issue...

thanks, Pete
    • File Type: png a.PNG (559.1 KB, 4 views)
    • File Type: png b.png (595.2 KB, 2 views)

Quote Originally Posted by bratch9 View Post
    credit/UPB not assigned to character sheet properly.

see attched....
    A+ Bug Report!
    aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

Extension Support Discord: https://discord.gg/gKgC7nGpZK

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Evolivolution View Post
    The tutorial is pretty outdated, the SFRPG ruleset has gone through many itterations of updates since then.
    Homeworld has been moved to the Notes tab. I assume with Skills you mean Attributes, which are now changed right on the Main tab, they don't have an editor (or magnifying glass) anymore. If you do mean actuall Skills, they still have the edit button on the top right to input various bonuses and free skill ranks. The tokens you can find in Assets now. All tokens and images are shown there. The button is where Token used to be. You can also click the empty image on the character sheet, to bring up a window that lets you select a picture.
    Thank you very much! You have solved all my questions! you have help me very much

In both SF games I run, my players are having some issues with skill ranks

Image 1 left is 6th level operative with -1 INT mod, they should have 42 skill ranks (plus 12 for their Specialization), FG thinks they should only have 36.

Image 1 right is a 6th level technomancer with +6 INT mod, they should have 60 skill ranks (they spent 66 here but I think this is from the confusion this has caused) but FG thinks they should have 96!

The 6th level vanguard (no pictured) with +0 INT mod has 36 skill ranks as they should.

I think what is happening is it is doubling their INT bonus per level. I run another SF game and see the same results:

Image 2:
    Left: Mechanic 4 with +5 INT mod, should have 36 skill ranks, FG says 56 (20 over)
    Middle: Operative 4 with +3, should have 44 skill ranks (plus 8 for their Specialization), FG says 56 (12 over) [again player overspent due to confusion I think]
    Right: Soldier 4 with +1 INT mod, should have 20 skill ranks, FG says 24 (4 over)

Is this a bug or something I've done?

Quote Originally Posted by pumpkinstew View Post
    In both SF games I run, my players are having some issues with skill ranks

Image 1 left is 6th level operative with -1 INT mod, they should have 42 skill ranks (plus 12 for their Specialization), FG thinks they should only have 36.

Image 1 right is a 6th level technomancer with +6 INT mod, they should have 60 skill ranks (they spent 66 here but I think this is from the confusion this has caused) but FG thinks they should have 96!

The 6th level vanguard (no pictured) with +0 INT mod has 36 skill ranks as they should.

I think what is happening is it is doubling their INT bonus per level. I run another SF game and see the same results:

Image 2:
    Left: Mechanic 4 with +5 INT mod, should have 36 skill ranks, FG says 56 (20 over)
    Middle: Operative 4 with +3, should have 44 skill ranks (plus 8 for their Specialization), FG says 56 (12 over) [again player overspent due to confusion I think]
    Right: Soldier 4 with +1 INT mod, should have 20 skill ranks, FG says 24 (4 over)

Is this a bug or something I've done?

Can't confirm, as I can't duplicate by creating new characters and leveling them up...I get the correct numbers. Can you attach their XML exports?
    aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

Extension Support Discord: https://discord.gg/gKgC7nGpZK

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by deer_buster View Post
    Can't confirm, as I can't duplicate by creating new characters and leveling them up...I get the correct numbers. Can you attach their XML exports?
    Attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Try and increase there Int then put it back and see if it recalulates there skill points. This might be older calculated point that have not updated since the changes.
    Increase enough to make a bonus increase.
    Last edited by Samarex; October 27th, 2020 at 23:36.
    Discord User : Samarex#0318
    Ultimate License
    Starfinder Society ID#:274538
    Lets Play a RPG

Quote Originally Posted by Samarex View Post
    Try and increase there Int then put it back and see if it recalulates there skill points. This might be older calculated point that have not updated since the changes.
    Increase enough to make a bonus increase.
    Forgot to say I tried that, it adjusts with the correct calculation (+/-1 rank per level per +/-1 mod) plus the existing excess so still 20 higher.

When I tested by adding new levels, it adds the correct number (i.e. the above mechanic gets 9 per level as expected), but again it keeps the existing (20 for the mechanic) excess.

We had this in out SF game after one of the updates. Looking at the class xp box, it had skill points for class + the int modifer in it, then added the int modifier again on the skills page. We solved by deleting the characters and recreating them. The skill points were then done correctly for each level, and the int bonus added afterwards.

On a related note, it appears the Sarcesian (from Alien Archive) racial trait "Skilled: Sarcesians gain an additional skill rank at 1st level and each level thereafter." is only applied at level 1. GM has had to add an extra skill point at 2nd and 3rd.

Thread Information