STAR TREK 2d20
Page 70 of 143 First ... 2060686970717280120 ... Last
    I still think the "the" in the damage type field is the parser. It is not information included in the spell record.

I thought i would give it a look to see if it was something i could fix, or not.

Madman..
    "Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."...MJK... Tool frontman

The spell "Psychokinetic Strangulation" Mystic 3rd Level CRB does not have "save for half damage" setup correctly.
    FGU Ultimate License
    FG Discord - Lord_Ulric
    Time Zone: US Eastern (GMT -5)
    Playing -
    Starfinder, D&D, Savage Worlds, Call of Cthulhu, Hero System aka Champions, Traveller, and more!
    My Forge Creations

I will check the spell record. Thanks for reporting this.

Madman..
    "Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."...MJK... Tool frontman

Quote Originally Posted by Ulric View Post
    The spell "Psychokinetic Strangulation" Mystic 3rd Level CRB does not have "save for half damage" setup correctly.
    Fixed in the next update.

Madman..

Quote Originally Posted by Locotomo View Post
    Some description seem to be missing Bildschirmfoto 2021-09-22 um 18.00.00.png
    Thanks for reporting this. What book is that in?

Madman..

I found it. It's fixed.

Madman..

Hey �� I play a Vanguard and he has 3 types of damage with his Entropic Strike. Under "type" i wrote : Acid; Bludgeoning; Force. When I roll damage only acid shows up. Is this right?
    When I cause damage against a creature that has resistance against acid, it doesn´t take the other two types into account.
    I replaced the ";" wit a "," but that didn't work either, I just did a test against a fire elemental. It just was immune to all the damage.
    Entropic Strike.jpg

You would use commas under normal circumstances. As for case please use lowercase letters for damage. It's not changing the case in the code and I will try and get a solution for the Tuesday update.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    The issue you ran into is not related to a parsing issue. My new damage code was making untyped or spell damage go resisted and apply no damage. I will be pushing an update with the weekly update (Tuesday) to fix this issue. Thank you for the report.
    Happy to see the update went through and spell damage is now not being resisted wholesale but I did notice a new issue while confirming this today:

All energy and magic damage is being "partially resisted" in the chat window but is not actually being partially resisted in practice.

Example: Xi-Nu attacks Akata (only DR is for 5 fire) with a Perforator Pistol doing Sonic (So) damage and rolls a 4 on damage. The chat box shows: Damage [4] -> [to Akata][PARTIALLY RESISTED]. Both the damage listed and the damage applied to the Akata are correct at 4, just for some reason it says a resistance happened.

I tested this on enemies with various resistances and immunities and as far as I can tell, there is no issue with applied damage being incorrect, so this is purely an issue with the information presented in the text box from a DM/Player perspective.

Thread Information