FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Unofficial Starfinder SRD for Fantasy Grounds

My newest (definitely not totally overambitious) project: providing a SRD for Starfinder on Fantasy Grounds!
    Forge link! Legal details on the Forge and included with the module! Please use this thread for whatever feedback you might have!
    Current release status:

Starfinder SRD
    • Reference Manual
    • PC Template (with pre-made basic actions)
    • NPC Templates (from AA1)
    • Item Templates (from SFE) for:
      • Light & Heavy Armor
      • Basic & Advanced Melee Weapons
      • Small Arms, Longarms, Heavy & Sniper Weapons
    • Trap Templates (from CRB)
    • Vehicle Templates (from TR)
    • Starship Templates (from SOM)
    • 3 sets of Letter Tokens by GM Lazarus

Starfinder SRD - Character Options
    • Species (up to SFE)
    • Themes (up to SFE)
    • Feats (up to SFE)
    • Spells (up to SFE)

Starfinder SRD - Equipment
    • Light & Heavy Armor (up to SFE)
    • Weapons (up to SFE)

Starfinder SRD - GM Module
    • Currently Empty
    Last edited by Evolivolution; April 1st, 2024 at 02:00. Reason: Version 5.0
    My Forge Page
    Discord: @evolivolution
    Ultimate License (FGU)
    Timezone: Z+1

Quote Originally Posted by Evolivolution View Post
    My newest (definitely not totally overambitious) project: providing a SRD for Starfinder on Fantasy Grounds!
    Forge link! Legal details on the Forge and included with the module! Please use this thread for whatever feedback you might have!
    Current release status:
    • Feats (up to Ports of Call)
    Thank you for your contribution to FGU Strafinder! I hope this brings more players to Starfinder.
    FGU Ultimate License
    FG Discord - Lord_Ulric
    Time Zone: US Eastern (GMT -5)
    Playing -
    Starfinder, D&D, Savage Worlds, Call of Cthulhu, Hero System aka Champions, Traveller, and more!
    My Forge Creations

Version 2 out now:
    [ADDED] Themes
    Changed the links for all Feats (only affects internal stuff)

Thank you Ulric for the kind words.
    2 questions for the people interested in using the SRD and also reading this:
    1. Would you like all the content in one module that you load (like right now) or should I separate everything out? So there would be one module for classes, one for species, etc. This would make it so you don't have to load everything whenever you want to use something specific.
    2. Right now the module is under the 'System Reference Document' category in Fantasy Grounds. I'm thinking of moving it to 'Core Rules' or even to '!SRD' which would put it at the very top of the list. This is bad form, naming something in a way just to get it at the top of a sorted list. I think it would be justified for this one though. What do you think?
    My Forge Page
    Ultimate License (FGU)

Quote Originally Posted by Evolivolution View Post
    Version 2 out now:
    [ADDED] Themes
    Changed the links for all Feats (only affects internal stuff)

Thank you Ulric for the kind words.
    2 questions for the people interested in using the SRD and also reading this:
    1. Would you like all the content in one module that you load (like right now) or should I separate everything out? So there would be one module for classes, one for species, etc. This would make it so you don't have to load everything whenever you want to use something specific.
    2. Right now the module is under the 'System Reference Document' category in Fantasy Grounds. I'm thinking of moving it to 'Core Rules' or even to '!SRD' which would put it at the very top of the list. This is bad form, naming something in a way just to get it at the top of a sorted list. I think it would be justified for this one though. What do you think?
    I think it would be easiest on everyone to have one module. In my experience with other rulesets multiple modules cause to many problems when new GM/Players try to create of level their characters. I would recommend "core Rules" for the category.
    FGU Ultimate License
    FG Discord - Lord_Ulric
    Playing -
    Starfinder, D&D, Savage Worlds, Call of Cthulhu, Hero System aka Champions, Traveller, and more!
    My Forge Creations

You generally want to have GM and Player module separate. In most SRD scenarios, this usually boils down to bestiary vs. player options and items. (i.e. you don't want players easily looking up monsters)

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    You generally want to have GM and Player module separate. In most SRD scenarios, this usually boils down to bestiary vs. player options and items. (i.e. you don't want players easily looking up monsters)

Regards,
    JPG
    I agree that GM only content should be in a separate module.
    FGU Ultimate License
    FG Discord - Lord_Ulric
    Playing -
    My Forge Creations

Well, overambitious was the right word. I've been very busy working on cool stuff with the Loot Tavern team, learned a lot too. But over the holidays I found some time to prepare a new years gift for you guys. I gave to module a major overhaul and also merged the NPC Array Collection into it. I ran a little out of time and any actual SRD content is missing temporarily (probably going back up first week of next year). Changelogs:
    • Complete Module overhaul
    • [ADDED] Templates for PCs, NPCs, Traps, Vehicles and Starships
    • [ADDED] 3 sets of letter tokens
    • Temporarily [REMOVED] Feats
    • Temporarily [REMOVED] Themes

I have plans to keep working on this, adding more and more content as time goes on but I can't promise any time schedule since it's all volunteer work. With that being said, I've set up a Ko-fi page. I do not expect you to pay for anything here, the module is free and will stay free forever. But, I can promise that any money donated to support this project will go directly towards my time working on it.
    My Forge Page
    Ultimate License (FGU)

Version 3.1 Released
    [UPDATED] Reference Manual
    [UPDATED] & [ADDED] Feats (up to Starfinder Enhanced)
    [UPDATED] & [ADDED] Themes (up to Starfinder Enhanced)
    Last edited by Evolivolution; January 2nd, 2024 at 01:50.
    My Forge Page
    Ultimate License (FGU)

Great work Evo, i hope to contribute soon also. This could help a lot to starfinder fans in FG.

Version 4.0 available now!

With Version 4.0 I finally got everything I was working on over the holidays properly formatted and included with the module. Changelog:
    [ADDED] Spells (up to Starfinder Enhanced)
    [ADDED] Weapon & Armor Templates
    [ADDED] Weapons & Armor (up to Starfinder Enhanced)

Next up is Species; but for now I'm back to work. I don't know when I'll find the time to come back to work on this but I'll shout out my Ko-fi again, as any money donated there will go towards my time working on this.
    My Forge Page
    Ultimate License (FGU)

Thread Information