STAR TREK 2d20
Page 54 of 142 First ... 444525354555664104 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    Also, what version are you running? LIVE or TEST?
    Running Live build.

NPC has the following Effects on him:
    (Humanoid traits)|(Evasion)|(Uncanny Agility)|(RESIST: 5 acid)|(DR:5)|Entangled

The Player has the following Effects:
    DR:3

As a follow-up to my test last night, I tested again today. Melee attack by the entangled NPC had no modifier to attack or to damage. Ranged attack had [Effects -2] to both the attack, and to the damage. If NPC criticals the PC, then it shows [EFFECTS -2} on attack, and [EFFECTS -4] on damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Curuthanir View Post
    Running Live build.

NPC has the following Effects on him:
    (Humanoid traits)|(Evasion)|(Uncanny Agility)|(RESIST: 5 acid)|(DR:5)|Entangled

The Player has the following Effects:
    DR:3

As a follow-up to my test last night, I tested again today. Melee attack by the entangled NPC had no modifier to attack or to damage. Ranged attack had [Effects -2] to both the attack, and to the damage. If NPC criticals the PC, then it shows [EFFECTS -2} on attack, and [EFFECTS -4] on damage.
    I replicated the effects as you have provided and set up a combat scenario between a NPC and PC. The outputs appear to be -2 on the attack and -2 on the damage. This was performed on the TEST version that is going LIVE with the weekly update. Is this the correct output? If so, then it doesn't appear to be doing the issue with the updated damage code.

Capture.PNG
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

I think Curu mentioned that is has to be a nat. 20 crit. to recreate the -4 to damage.

I've read through the core rulebook to look over the condition. It appears to only affect attack rolls and should not be applied to damage rolls. I will remove the negative modifier from the damage rolls. As for the other conditions I checked them as well and some do get wrangled into the damage rolls. When a critical is rolled on the attack it should roll twice the damage. This damage would include the normal bonuses you would receive if you were casting damage. So my interpretation of this would also include condition negative modifies as well.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    I've read through the core rulebook to look over the condition. It appears to only affect attack rolls and should not be applied to damage rolls. I will remove the negative modifier from the damage rolls. As for the other conditions I checked them as well and some do get wrangled into the damage rolls. When a critical is rolled on the attack it should roll twice the damage. This damage would include the normal bonuses you would receive if you were casting damage. So my interpretation of this would also include condition negative modifies as well.
    Correct on the critical, per the CRB: "roll damage twice, each time with all your usual bonuses".

The real issue is the entangled condition affecting the damage roll, which it should not be (and then I conflated it with the rolling damage from a critical hit).

As always, thanks for your work!

An update was pushed today that should help resolve this issue.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

I found two, possibly related, issues regarding Resolve.

1. Entering a Mod value for Resolve Points (RP) is not adding that value to the Max value requiring a manual entry after a full rest.

2. The value entered into Temp for temporary RP seems to have no effect. RP use doesn't get taken from it first and it doesn't modify the Max value (which honestly it probably shouldn't anyway).

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by GravityBlade View Post
    I found two, possibly related, issues regarding Resolve.

1. Entering a Mod value for Resolve Points (RP) is not adding that value to the Max value requiring a manual entry after a full rest.

2. The value entered into Temp for temporary RP seems to have no effect. RP use doesn't get taken from it first and it doesn't modify the Max value (which honestly it probably shouldn't anyway).

Thanks.
    Thanks for the report. I will investigate the issue.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

Free ranks (skills tab) aren't showing in the Party sheet.

Thank you for the report. I will investigate
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

Thread Information