Starfinder Playlist
    Just an FYI. It can be either..

Gunnery Check = 1d20 + the gunner’s base attack bonus or the gunner’s ranks in the Piloting skill + the gunner’s Dexterity modifier + bonuses from computer systems + bonuses from the captain and science officers + range penalty

https://www.aonsrd.com/Rules.aspx?ID=199

madman..
    "Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."...MJK... Tool frontman

Quote Originally Posted by madman View Post
    Just an FYI. It can be either..

Gunnery Check = 1d20 + the gunner’s base attack bonus or the gunner’s ranks in the Piloting skill + the gunner’s Dexterity modifier + bonuses from computer systems + bonuses from the captain and science officers + range penalty

https://www.aonsrd.com/Rules.aspx?ID=199

madman..
    Yeah but for unknown reasons the player wanted to use the ranks in piloting (5) instead of his base attack (3).
    We figured it should automatically use the higher one.

So I'm running Against the Aeon Throne AP 1 and my party was fighting one of the Azlanti Security Robots, which are vulnerable to electricity. We discovered that a Technomancer's Energy Ray doing Electrical damage wasn't triggering the vulnerability. I did some experimenting after the game and discovered this:
    If I've got a damage on a spell power with 1d3 E with Spell Dmg set to Yes it doesn't work. But if I say Spell Dmg set to No it does work. Somehow saying it's magic electricity is making it not be electricity for the sake of vulnerability. This has to be a bug because the whole point of the spell is to let you pick the appropriate energy type for the target.
    I can work around this by turning off "Spell Dmg?" but I'm not sure what else *that* will break.

Thanks,
    Rick

Quote Originally Posted by AlterZwerg View Post
    Yeah but for unknown reasons the player wanted to use the ranks in piloting (5) instead of his base attack (3).
    We figured it should automatically use the higher one.
    The code for factoring the bonus of the attack is set exactly like that. It collects the character's skill ranks and bab and compares them and chooses the higher one for the attack. Can you export and share that player's character sheet on the forums?
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Quote Originally Posted by RickSaada View Post
    So I'm running Against the Aeon Throne AP 1 and my party was fighting one of the Azlanti Security Robots, which are vulnerable to electricity. We discovered that a Technomancer's Energy Ray doing Electrical damage wasn't triggering the vulnerability. I did some experimenting after the game and discovered this:
    If I've got a damage on a spell power with 1d3 E with Spell Dmg set to Yes it doesn't work. But if I say Spell Dmg set to No it does work. Somehow saying it's magic electricity is making it not be electricity for the sake of vulnerability. This has to be a bug because the whole point of the spell is to let you pick the appropriate energy type for the target.
    I can work around this by turning off "Spell Dmg?" but I'm not sure what else *that* will break.

Thanks,
    Rick
    Thanks Rick, was able to see that it's not factoring correctly. I'll have to investigate the code where the disconnect is. I will push a fix to the TEST server as the ruleset is currently on lockdown till the new CoreRPG update goes LIVE.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    The code for factoring the bonus of the attack is set exactly like that. It collects the character's skill ranks and bab and compares them and chooses the higher one for the attack. Can you export and share that player's character sheet on the forums?
    Having slept over it and looked at the character again, the bonus is correct and we just did the math wrong. Sorry, haven´t done space combat for months.

However we stumbled across another issue:
    The equipped light particle beam´s damage can be rolled on the charater sheet of the pilot, damage for flak thrower and particle beam (heavy) can´t.
    I´ve attached a screenshot and the xml of the pilot´s character sheet.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

In Fly free or die, AP3
    Both in the Reference Manual and the Story Entry
    on page, " Warehouse 47-C (CR 5) "
    It discusses an encounter in the Warehouse, with linked encounter, and discussing rules and all, but there's no link to the MAP for Warehouse 47
    I have to pull the map out of images and link it my self. (1st world problems)
    best part is the line " Use the map above".. DUDE WHERE!?!?!

This one is tricky.
    It is about the spell Quick Change.
    One is a cantrip from Galactic Magic and the other one is a 1st lvl spell from Threefold Conspiracy 3 of 6.
    The 1st lvl spell version is not in the players resources of the modul.
    I usually have all the player resources loaded so players can buy what they want

Quote Originally Posted by Camberme View Post
    In Fly free or die, AP3
    Both in the Reference Manual and the Story Entry
    on page, " Warehouse 47-C (CR 5) "
    It discusses an encounter in the Warehouse, with linked encounter, and discussing rules and all, but there's no link to the MAP for Warehouse 47
    I have to pull the map out of images and link it my self. (1st world problems)
    best part is the line " Use the map above".. DUDE WHERE!?!?!
    I guess i changed the text and forgot to drop the link. I will fix it. Thanks for pointing it out.

Madman..
    "Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."...MJK... Tool frontman

I am having trouble with the Alien Archive 2. I went in to look at races in the players section and the races come up blank. All other sections show up and all other races show in other books.image_2023-02-13_204810064.png

Thread Information