DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 19 of 143 First ... 917181920212969119 ... Last
    Maybe not a bug, more of a question I guess. There are for me some inconsistencies between GM and Players versions of modules. For example regarding available player races. I read somewhere that it should be considered player data and therefore only available in the players version. I try to only load GM versions to avoid duplicate data entries, so my personal preference would be to have all data available in the GM versions. Might be some reason why it's not, but then my question is why it is mixed in SF Alien Archives like below.

Alien Archive - has playable races in players module only
    Alien Archive 2 - has playable races in both players and GM modules
    Alien Archive 3 - has playable races in players module only
    Alien Archive 4 - has playable races in both players and GM modules

To see all as GM I have to load players module for AA and AA3, but not the other two. See image below.

Last edited by Stigfinnaren; January 17th, 2021 at 15:45.

Quote Originally Posted by Fulci View Post
    Maybe not a bug, more of a question I guess. There are for me some inconsistencies between GM and Players versions of modules. For example regarding available player races. I read somewhere that it should be considered player data and therefore only available in the players version. I try to only load GM versions to avoid duplicate data entries, so my personal preference would be to have all data available in the GM versions. Might be some reason why it's not, but then my question is why it is mixed in SF Alien Archives like below.
    [...]
    Same here, i'd prefer that, to reduce duplicate entrys.

Quote Originally Posted by masterqgj View Post
    Same here, i'd prefer that, to reduce duplicate entrys.
    Me too!
    FGU Ultimate License
    FG Discord - Lord_Ulric
    Time Zone: US Eastern (GMT -5)
    Playing -
    Starfinder, D&D, Savage Worlds, Call of Cthulhu, Hero System aka Champions, Traveller, and more!
    My Forge Creations

Yes we need to fix the inconsistentcy, but they should not be in the GM module. The reason for this is when Race, Theme and Class are dropped on a PC it is linked to the module (the record is not copied).
    So if a GM creates PCs using the GM module the PCs will not be able to open the Race or Theme as it is linked to a mod they don't have access too.
    So the Players modules should be used to create PCs.
    Discord User : Samarex#0318
    Ultimate License
    Starfinder Society ID#:274538
    Lets Play a RPG

So the GM should load both modules. The issue is that some data should not be in the GM version which is also causing duplicates. And with the current status, one should always select (Players) version if creating characters for the players. I'm new to FG so still learning. Noticed that Near Space, Pact Worlds and adventure books also have player info like Theme in the GM version.
    Last edited by Stigfinnaren; January 18th, 2021 at 00:26.

Quote Originally Posted by Fulci View Post
    So the GM should load both modules. The issue is that some data should not be in the GM version which is also causing duplicates. And with the current status, one should always select (Players) version if creating characters for the players. I'm new to FG so still learning. Noticed that Near Space, Pact Worlds and adventure books also have player info like Theme in the GM version.
    Correct, the module creation process laid out for commercial products is the player needed data should be in the player's module, and the rest in the GM module. So record types like races, themes, and classes, should be in the player's module so player's have access to them.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    Correct, the module creation process laid out for commercial products is the player needed data should be in the player's module, and the rest in the GM module. So record types like races, themes, and classes, should be in the player's module so player's have access to them.
    I will work this week on getting most the books updated to this format.
    Discord User : Samarex#0318
    Ultimate License
    Starfinder Society ID#:274538
    Lets Play a RPG

Quote Originally Posted by Samarex View Post
    I will work this week on getting most the books updated to this format.
    Another example of this type of issue is in 'Dead Suns, part 1, incident at absalom station'.

the item 'Spell Ampoule (Restoration, Lesser)', other tab references the GM version of the spell, which is not available for the player side. ( or in the player module.. )

I'm sure many many cross links like this exist over all the rule sets/cores/adventure paths etc. ( I just made it public in the GM module to resolve the issue.. )

I'd like to see duplicates of data removed, but I'm not sure that player modules should exist, when you could configure GM items to be public and have all the data in one module. ( Much like the 'core' book, the gm and players load )

I know the current standing is to have both, but I feel you will just end up moving most of the GM stuff into the Player module and the GM module will become 'slim'.

One module and use of 'public/identified' marking reduced the items to load, and reduces the need for players to 'load modules' because the data will be shared from the gm side. ( I've had players that did not load the player modules etc... causing confusion and sorting needed.. ) I'm not sure 'players' should even configure modules, I feel if the GM sets it a 'player load' the game should just 'auto' load that module at the players side....

I also think in the this path, I'm not a massive fan of the player module having the images for the likes of 'Ungarato', and items ( like 'Mask of the mantis' etc ).. As I'm not sure I want the players to be able to 'see' possibly into future items or read descriptions that might hint/suggest things in the future...

But these things are a complex call to decide if they should be in gm or player modules, Because of this I dont even load the 'player' module at the gm side and so players dont get the option to load them either. ( I do check what is in the players module to decide this... but if loads of things end up needed in the player module I then will not have that option.. )

-pete

cut from the player character inventory.. '<link class="spelldesc" recordname="reference.spell.restoration_lesser@Dea d Suns, Part 1, Incident at Absalom Station">Restoration, Lesser</link>'

<id-00017>
    <abilityscore type="number">0</abilityscore>
    <ac type="number">10</ac>
    <acpenalty type="number">0</acpenalty>
    <bulk type="string">L</bulk>
    <carried type="number">1</carried>
    <charges type="number">0</charges>
    <consumedslots type="number">0</consumedslots>
    <count type="number">1</count>
    <description type="formattedtext">
    <linklist>
    <link class="spelldesc" recordname="reference.spell.restoration_lesser@Dea d Suns, Part 1, Incident at Absalom Station">Restoration, Lesser</link>
    </linklist>
    <p>Spell ampoules are injectable magic, where the essence of a magic spell has been condensed into a liquid form and prepared for injection into a creature. Known colloquially as &#34;spell amps,&#34; these heady, ready-to-use magic injections can be used only once. A spell amp duplicates the effect of a beneficial spell (a spell with &#34;harmless&#34; in its Saving Throw or Spell Resistance entry), excluding divination spells or spells that create some link between the caster and the target. In addition, the spell must be 3rd level or lower, have a casting time of 1 minute or less, and target one or more creatures (but not spells that target just the spellcaster). If a spell targets both creatures and objects, it only affects creatures when used as a spell amp. If a spell requires expending a Resolve Point to cast, it also requires the user to spend a Resolve Point when used as a spell amp (if you choose not to spend a Resolve Point or don't have any Resolve Points remaining, the spell amp has no effect).</p>
    <p>A spell amp always has an item level equal to three times the level of the spell it duplicates (treat as a 2nd-level item for spell amps with 0-level spells), and a caster level equal to its item level. Creating a spell ampoule has the same requirements as creating a spell gem.</p>
    <p>You can only use a spell ampoule on yourself or a willing or unconscious creature. Injecting yourself or a willing creature with a spell ampoule is a standard action, while injecting an unconscious creature is a full action. Spell amps take effect as if the spell had been cast upon the creature injected. When you are injected with a spell amp, you get to make any decisions about the spell's effect as if you were the caster of the spell — you are both the effective target and the caster of the effect.</p>
    </description>
    <eacbonus type="number">0</eacbonus>
    <hardness type="number">11</hardness>
    <hp type="number">11</hp>
    <isidentified type="number">1</isidentified>
    <kacbonus type="number">0</kacbonus>
    <level type="number">6</level>
    <locked type="number">1</locked>
    <magicitem type="number">0</magicitem>
    <name type="string">Spell Ampoule (Restoration, Lesser)</name>
    <nonid_name type="string">Spell Ampoule</nonid_name>
    <price type="string">700</price>
    <showonminisheet type="number">1</showonminisheet>
    <strength_enc type="number">0</strength_enc>
    <subtype type="string">Spell Ampoule</subtype>
    <type type="string">Magic Item</type>
    <upgradeslots type="number">0</upgradeslots>
    <weaponslots type="number">0</weaponslots>
    <weight type="number">0.1</weight>
    </id-00017>

When equipping a Powered Armor, your strength score gets set to 0 and a little blue icon get's displayed (which I assume is wanted behavior) but your modifiers don't get adjusted according to the armors strength. So Melee attack bonus is now 0+BAB istead of STR+BAB, Melee DMG doesn't add the STR, Athletics skill check also don't get's a bonus anymore, Resolve Points don't get calculated accurately when your Key Ability Score is Str.
    My Forge Page
    Discord: @evolivolution
    Ultimate License (FGU)
    Timezone: Z+1

The icon is expected, but the strength score should equal the item's strength. This is the player's new strength when the powered armor is equipped. I have tested with the battle harness and power glove and verified the bonuses are being factored correctly with those items. You might need to provide more information for why we are not seeing the same thing.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Thread Information