5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Issue with a few player's launcher

My players are new and we've been trying to get a game started but every time they try to open the launcher, the updater never gives them the option to launch the app. they keep getting stuck at the launcher. i have no clue where to go from here. I've tried having them delete and retry and ive tried having them go into their files and properties but we have no clue what's wrong.

Some questions to help us help you:
    * What version of FG are you running? (FGC v3.3.11 or FGU v4.0.0 (2020-10-15))?
    * Can you be more specific about the steps they are following once they open the launcher?
    * What information are you providing to the users in order to connect to your game?
    * Is your game running when they try to connect?

Regards,
    JPG

i got it to work with one of my players that were having problems by having them go into their program files(x86) and going to FGC directly. we are playing on FGC v3.3.11
    i have had them delete and re install the updater multiple times without progress and i have asked them to make sure they only have the FGC and not FGU.
    They were not in the game and were stuck on the updater. it would end the update and only say close and not launch.
    I have tried with other people and it works and im able to play with them on my campaign.

In FGC, the updater does not launch FG after closing; unless it was started by FGC (And this has special command line options). The shortcut created by the installation process should be used to start FG.

There was an issue where installing FGC and FGU on same machine would cause shortcut to only point to one or other. If that’s the case, have them create a new shortcut to point to FGC.

Regards,
    JPG

I purchased the FGC and only get the update window - no launcher - HELP!

Quote Originally Posted by ktcool View Post
    I purchased the FGC and only get the update window - no launcher - HELP!
    Welcome to the FG forums. Sorry you're having issues.

The updater will show until you've successfully ran a complete update to download and install the latest application files. If you've done this and when your run Fantasy Grounds you still get the updater, then it sounds like your shortcut is running the updater not the FantasyGrounds.exe application. If you've used the default installation directories, run FantasyGrounds.exe from C:\Program Files (x86)\Fantasy Grounds
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information