DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Export Module (Read Only) but still editable

Hi all!

I'm having an issue where I export a module in Fantasy Grounds Unity with the `Read Only?` option checked.
    When I import the module in a campaign, I can edit all the entries that I have created in the module.
    I was under the impression that the lock icon would be red and I would not be able to edit the entry.

Please tell me if I didn't understand something or I did something wrong.
    Thanks for any help!
    Always keep it in perspective!

That's certainly how it works in Classic, but my tests show that it doesn't in Unity. Not sure if that is intended or not since there's usually no reason to export a module as read only.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

The reason you'd want a read only module is to make it a reference module. In FGC if you check the read-only option the data is put in reference.story, reference.item etc. within the module database. See the data file format section here: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...+File+Overview It also sets static="true" for the reference section, which makes all the records read only. This mirrors the setup for official FG reference products.

In FGU it exports to the correct reference.xxx database structure if read-only is selected, but static="true" is not set, so the records aren't read-only.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Awesome, thanks for the info!
    It makes sense now.

Do we know if the issue is on the radar of the development team or a way to let them know?

Blog Entries
    We don't know. But now that it's been posted here they should pick up on it in the near future. But not sure when they will work it into a fix.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thanks for reporting. I've found the issue; and it will be fixed in the next build.

Regards,
    JPG

The speed on this forum is inspiring!
    Thanks for all your inputs
    Keep up the great work!

I agree, the developers focus and response to issues or bugs is truly amazing - much appreciated

I've seen the fix being in the latest release, kudos.
    That said, though it works with 5e, it does not work for me on the SavageWorlds ruleset.
    Could someone confirm that please?
    Last edited by Tokuriku; October 17th, 2020 at 03:56.

Yeah, I can confirm. It's because the SavageWorlds ruleset is currently overriding the checkbox behavior, due to backward compatibility considerations when it was layered on CoreRPG.

I've passed the issue on to the SavageWorlds developer (Ikael) to look at.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information