DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Questions and some feedback to the ruleset and CotG

Hello FGU and Alien RPG Team

I bought the ruleset and Chariot of the Gods a few weeks ago and now i am preparing for my first session.

Two things aren't clear for me:

- Some talents allow pushing skill rolls more then once. How do we do it?

- How exactly do you use creatures with Speed 2+ in the CT? I don't understand the instructions under "Reference" (I am not a native speaker).

Here are a few things I would have expected because I know them from other FGU products and some where I don't think they work. But it could also be that I just don't understand how they are supposed to work

- There are no tokens for NPCs that have pictures.

- No links to pictures and NPCs in the story entries. No links to other entries. "See page 30" only leads to confusion in FGU if you don't have the PDF.

- Maps have far too poor a resolution. But this may be due to the source?

- Dragging the "Lnk." dice from the "Active Equipment"-Field on an Alien in the CT or the map to make an attack doesn't work.

- No automatic "Critical Injuries" roll when a Xenomorph has lost all HP

- Xenomorph Attacks are only listed and cannot be rolled (in CT and NPC Sheet). While the type of Attack cannot be rolled, the base dice for the attacks can be rolled from the NPC sheet though.

- It seems that there is no mechanic for Explosions (Blast Power). The Grenade Launcher has a damage of 9 listed, but instead it should have a blast power of 9.

- Neomorph IV Neophyte has the wrong Monster Attacks. The Neomorph V table would be correct.

I hope that doesn't come across too negatively. I had a lot of fun preparing the CotG scenario with your ruleset and I can hardly wait for my first session.

Hi Meckerdrache81,

I hope the ruleset serves you well and have fun with the Alien RPG. On the questions and few explanations on the decisions behind the items you provide feedback for:

The Questions
    1. The subsequent push after the "official one" is manual - roll the extra dice and adjust manually whatever is required. I have chain-pushing and talent parsing in the backlog, but no ETA for any of the features there.
    2. For creatures with higher speed should be represented via "dummy" entry by creating another one with the right speed. Use the original instance of the actor.

The Feedback
    • Correct, I added portrait packs that can be used to create the token.
    • The portraits are in the sections with NPCs within the adventures, true no link to the image in their profile. I might add this as minor enhancement
    • Yes, maps are from the source. I tried to make them as big as possible.
    • I am not sure what this dragging is, if you send me some video or screenshots in Discord will help.
    • Yes, the crit injury is manual activity from GM
    • Yes, Xenomorph attacks in the current releases are rolled where applicable from the NPC sheet instead of combat tracker. Same as the chain-push - something is in the backlog.
    • The Blast Power is also manual from GM and Players.
    • Will fix, thanks for the report.

Some things we intentionally left non automated to allow potential house rules and ways people might play. I've been checking forums and house rules on the internet to see what playstyle the ruleset might have to support, complexity of the code and timeframe to release.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Hello

- No links to pictures and NPCs in the story entries. No links to other entries. "See page 30" only leads to confusion in FGU if you don't have the PDF.
    The portraits are in the sections with NPCs within the adventures, true no link to the image in their profile. I might add this as minor enhancement
    Thanks, found them. But there is still the problem with missing links to the story entries. I skimmed the next scenario "Destroyer of Worlds". Links are missing there too. Example: "..she's seen their scans and the proof the alien can be weaponized (See "Doctor's Prognosis " on page 31 for details)." There is no event named "Doctor's Prognosis ".
    One was especially confusing for me:
    "We're looking for Wójcik, Carvalho, Wright and Reese. [Hand out the AWOL marines' NPC cards to the players.] Here's their ugly mugs and all the info we have on them. Everything else about them is classified."
    I searched in "Story", "Images" and the "Reference". So i started googling and found out, that these cards don't have much more information than the picture of the AWOLs. The npc pics are enough but this is not clear when reading from the module.

Dragging the "Lnk." dice from the "Active Equipment"-Field on an Alien in the CT or the map to make an attack doesn't work.
    I am not sure what this dragging is, if you send me some video or screenshots in Discord will help.
    In other rulesets you can attack a creature through dragging the attack die from the character sheet on to the creature in the CT or the map instead of using the targeting mechanism. But this is a minor nitpick. We can live without that.
    https://ibb.co/6FWyYQ0

Since starting this thread we played two sessions with your modules and we gathered additional feedback.

Initiative system:
    Rolling initiative took way too long. There were just one enemy and 5 players. We are using the custom d66 for rolling initiative from now on. An alternative automatism would be nice.
    https://ibb.co/x2d9dZv <-- this is just a third of the rolling we had to make

Stress system:
    The graphical die results on stress rolls are blank. Please see the screenshot.

https://ibb.co/BnmrVS2

The second result on the screenshot confuses me:
    While the first roll (d6 + stress 5) seems fine with a result of 9, the second roll can't result in 12. I did not add a stress level between both rolls, so it is still d6 + 5.
    Last edited by Meckerdrache81; January 20th, 2024 at 10:41.

Thanks for the summary. If time allows the initiative rolling methods will be reworked along with other optimizations to make things flow.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Thread Information