STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    As eluded to by some above - in FG Classic (that's all I've tested in) with modules that the player has installed, but the GM hasn't, that are tagged as player modules (client.xml in the module file, not db.xml) for the ruleset the campaign is using will be displayed on the GM side once the player fully connects to the GM's campaign. They will be shown on the GMs side in the Module Activation screen with a web graphic. The player does not get an option to request access - they won't see their modules at all unless the GM specifically gives them access - see the steps below.

Below is a composite image put together at various steps on the GM and Player side. This is using a Pathfinder community player module - Farnaby's Spellbook (available in the Pathfinder community modules). This module is installed on the player side only and is a player module (the data is contained in a client.xml file within the module).
    1. This is the GM view before the player joins the campaign - there is no module available
    2. GM view - after the player joins the campaign and the module data has a chance to sync, the GM sees a "web" based module appear in their module activation screen. The GM has not allowed access to this module yet.
    3. Player view - at this point the player has fully joined the campaign and synced to the GM side. But, the GM has not given access to this module, so the player can't see it - even though it's installed on the player side.
    4. Player view - after the GM gives access to the module (changes the red X to a green tick/check), the module appears on the player side and they can open it.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Trenloe; October 14th, 2020 at 22:02.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Excellent details Trenloe!

So the first thing is the module has to be marked as a player module (option when exporting). Second is that the player doesn't see the module until the GM marks it for approval.

I'm curious, did the second behavior change? I thought it used to show on the player view and they could request it.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    I'm curious, did the second behavior change? I thought it used to show on the player view and they could request it.
    Yes. Not sure when though.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information