5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Blog Entries

Players opening modules that the GM doesn't own.

I swear there used to be a thing where if the GM didn't own a module a player did own, the player could open it in their library and the GM would get a notification telling them to approve that. Now it seems like players cannot open any module that the GM doesn't also own?
    rob2e - Join me on Discord!
    Become a Patron!
    Follow me on the Twitters
    Come watch the Twitches... twitch.tv/rob2e
    Also my YouTube Channel
    Available on the FORGE
    My Dungeon Master's Guild Material

I don’t think you get a notification anymore, but players can use their own modules with DM approval. They should appear in module activation. Now there was a bug in Unity which was preventing the modules showing up in the DM screen but I think that was fixed.

But maybe not if you aren’t seeing modules the player owns and you don’t. Mind you is there a module out there that you don’t own?
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    I don’t think you get a notification anymore, but players can use their own modules with DM approval. They should appear in module activation. Now there was a bug in Unity which was preventing the modules showing up in the DM screen but I think that was fixed.

But maybe not if you aren’t seeing modules the player owns and you don’t. Mind you is there a module out there that you don’t own?
    We tested it today in FG Classic. It did not work. A player was not able to even SEE his own module on a table where the DM did not own that module. That's a thing that seems like it needs fixing. It hasn't come up for quite a while but it did today.

And no I don't own everthing, just all the 5E stuff. lol ...and a bit more. (But as the somewhat red-headed stepchild of FG, I don't rate a developer account like SOME PEOPLE!!!)
    Become a Patron!
    Also my YouTube Channel
    Available on the FORGE

What was the ruleset being used and what was the module? Did the player have a license or was it a demo version? If it was demo that would be the problem.
    If you want a Wishlist in the Fantasy grounds store klick the link and upvote it.
    https://fgapp.idea.informer.com/proj/fgapp?ia=135468

So are you only seeing this in Classic or are you seeing it in Unity as well? I can't remember seeing this issue come up for Classic - only Unity. Also (and I know you haven't done this given your propensity for extensions) have you tested in a new campaign without extensions?
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Granamere View Post
    What was the ruleset being used and what was the module? Did the player have a license or was it a demo version? If it was demo that would be the problem.
    It was the 5E ruleset and the player was trying to open the Dragon Lord Class (a DMs Guild thing) for his previously created character when leveling up, but the DM did not own that module. It SHOULD be where the player can open the module, but his library only showed modules owned by the DM, he didn't even have the chance to view all the other ones he owned on his hard drive.
    Become a Patron!
    Also my YouTube Channel
    Available on the FORGE

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    So are you only seeing this in Classic or are you seeing it in Unity as well? I can't remember seeing this issue come up for Classic - only Unity. Also (and I know you haven't done this given your propensity for extensions) have you tested in a new campaign without extensions?
    Just classic. In order to TEST THIS I would need to connect with someone it's not something I can test on my own because it would be me connecting to myself and therefore all the mods would be there.
    Become a Patron!
    Also my YouTube Channel
    Available on the FORGE

Quote Originally Posted by rob2e View Post
    It was the 5E ruleset and the player was trying to open the Dragon Lord Class (a DMs Guild thing) for his previously created character when leveling up, but the DM did not own that module. It SHOULD be where the player can open the module, but his library only showed modules owned by the DM, he didn't even have the chance to view all the other ones he owned on his hard drive.
    Zacchaeus already mentioned it, but the GM needs to allow to load the module in the library, there will be no automatic pop-up as you mentioned in the first post (at least it read like that) The GM opens the module list and will see the player's modules, then allow to load it such that the player can see it

Blog Entries
    But it should show up in the players list, so that they can request access to it.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    But it should show up in the players list, so that they can request access to it.
    Ah oki, thanks I am too rarely a player seemingly

EDIT: By Trenloe's test it seems that I was right in that point
    Last edited by Kelrugem; October 14th, 2020 at 22:02.

Thread Information