STAR TREK 2d20

Thread: Parry for NPCs

Parry for NPCs

Not sure if this has been mentioned previously, or if it is working as intended, but when I input a parry value for a NPC opponent in the combat tracker it fails to reduce the OB values, like it does with the PC. This then requires the attack roll to be altered manually, which is a pain. Maybe the assumption is that NPCs don't Parry, but if they are intelligent then they should always be considering parrying.

That sounds like a bug. I will look into it and let you know what I find.

I can't seem to replicate it. I tried it in 2 existing campaigns and 1 new campaign.

Do you have any extensions loaded?

One thing to be aware of is attacks of type Special or Elemental Attack won't be reduced by the parry value.

Thanks for checking Dakadin. I only use the window save extension. I will double check when I log on later and check that it's not something I'm doing.

I'm sorted now. I was using a default kobold and the attacks were placeholder, so I had to change to a weapon type that's not set to special and it now works fine.

Can I just say a massive thanks Dakadin, not only for the prompt reply, but for bringing Rolemaster to FG. I'm an almost 50 year old gamer, who after a break of a decade or so, got back into roleplaying last year when I joined a local group who were playing Pathfinder 2e. Since everything that's been going on in the world of late we have moved online, and I am now planning on introducing them to my personal favourite game, Rolemaster, and the hard work you have put into bringing the system to FG makes this task so much easier .

That's great news flpster. Thanks for the kind words and definitely let me know if you encounter any other issues.

Thread Information