DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12

No issues last night with PF2 ruleset, played for 4 hours.
    I think I have identified a few things that I can do differently that might solve the possible memory problem with CoreRPG. I would like to try those fixes and play again Monday night, see if I am still having issues. If so, I will send you the module.

How does one "clear cache" in FGU? I thought that was a classic thing.

Is it possible to pre-share images in FGU?

Blog Entries
    There is no clear cache button in FGU, but you can go into the FG Data/cache folder and delete the folder that corresponds to the campaign you are a plyer in.

There is no pre-share, but just share the image and it will be made public and downloaded as soon as someone joins. (Unlike FGC that would only share to those currently connected, I think)

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Two more questions...

Which folder does the client load images from? For example, I have an image of the Combat Tables from HarnMaster. I want that image to be available to the players in my campaign every session without having to re-share it every game. Do they have access to only what's shared in the campaign images folder or are all shared images accessible regardless of folder location from session to session?

If I move a "campaign image" from one image folder to another, than I'm guessing that "share" link is broken. Does modifying the image break that link as well, if the name/location isn't changed (but I add to it, change its resolution, etc.)?

The GM loads images from the following folders:
    <FGData>\images\
    <FGData>\campaigns\<CampaignName>\images\
    <FGData>\tokens\
    <FGData>\campaign\<CampaignName>\tokens\
    <FGData>\portraits\
    <FGData>\vault\<ProductID>.dat

The player client loads their images from the cache first (if available); then from local disk. The player client requests files when the hash of the file used by GM doesn't match local copy; then stores it in the cache.

Since the path of each asset is defined by it's location on disk, if you move files, then you are breaking the link to the file, which will result in missing graphics for players and GM.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    There's no hard limit; though we have thought about adding one to prevent outrageously sized maps from causing issues. The reality is that larger images affect performance and network transfer times; so plan accordingly. For FGC, any images over 2Kx2K suffer greater performance loss; and images over 4Kx4K can cause crash conditions. FGU uses a completely different engine that can handle larger images more safely, but can still be performance impacted. (Our recommended size limits for images in official material is 2Kx2K and 1MB, when possible.)

The location of the files shouldn't matter; but I'm asking in order to try and figure out the issue.
    * Are newly shared images missing for players right away (after a cache folder delete); or only after a couple+ hours like the other issue?

Thanks,
    JPG
    Moon Wizard - Just to clarify... Would a 417MB highly detailed map of Tegel Manor fit the description of "outrageously sized maps"? I mean once you share it and they have it - does it really affect performance that much?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reaulphh View Post
    Moon Wizard - Just to clarify... Would a 417MB highly detailed map of Tegel Manor fit the description of "outrageously sized maps"? I mean once you share it and they have it - does it really affect performance that much?
    If it doesn't affect performance for your players, then it's fine. I think there are reports of folks using maps of several gigabytes, though some of those also report errors/issues.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

It affects everything about displaying the map at various zoom levels, sharing the map with players, and is going to depend on your machine specs and what else you are doing on the map (LoS, FX, etc.). But, yeah, that would be a problematic size; and one that would probably be blocked if we implemented size constraints in the future. At some point, we have to limit asset complexity in order to maintain speed...

EDIT: Carl clarified for me that the extra-large images do not affect the performance directly in play; but it still affects memory usage, load times and transfer times. He also let me know that the size of the image window itself does have an impact on performance. (i.e. size of camera view)

Regards,
    JPG
    Last edited by Moon Wizard; October 23rd, 2020 at 18:37.

Apologies for taking awhile to get back to this. We played about a 4 hour session Monday night. However, one of my players noticed the bug/issue with the CS as soon as he joined (screenshots below). I had no issues with images not being available to players, so that was user error and I appreciate the kid gloves when letting me know what I needed to pay closer attention to.

The Character Sheet issue in CoreRPG. The main tab was the most suitable place to put the majority of the CS info on and Harnmaster has a lot, so that particular tab in my campaign is pretty crowded. It has 9+ different sections, depending on how many weapons a PC is carrying. The issue is that at random times the sections will disappear when the player clicks on them. When the player clicks on the "Edit List" button, the section will reappear. Screenshots attached. I can also send you a copy of the CS xml, which you should be able to open to CoreRPG and look at (just need to know where/how). If you need my entire campaign folder, I can PM that to you.

Screenshot_2.jpg
    Screenshot_4.jpg
    Screenshot_6.jpg

Yeah, it will probably be easiest to get a copy of your campaign folder in order to see the list issue. I have to figure out if it's just the wrapping or something else.

Thanks,
    JPG

Thread Information