5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

That was a very confusing comment, and took a bit of working out, "i think" I know what you're getting at. However in the demonstration that was done on the Twitch Stream Sat night the 10th Oct, it was said that it should be possible to just turn the top "group layer" off and the players see the graphic underneath. there was also "some", Graphical rubbish on the top layer, but I am not so worried about that as I am with the fact that something demonstrated isn't quite working correctly. Don't get me wrong not annoyed at you guys by any stretch of the imagination. However I think something here does need fixing, not sure what though. I am wondering if it is the fact that FGU is struggling to handle the 2 seperate layer groups in the way that is intended

Quote Originally Posted by Jaybob32 View Post
    I was unable to reproduce the bug with the mod file. It seemed to be working properly. There were definite small glitches in the LOS due to a few points not closing completely. Also there is a bit of an issue when you transition from the upper to the lower map, but seemed to be fixed by also turning off the LOS on the upper level once you hide it. Seems like it didn't quite do it properly for me.
    Not much help I know.
    Did u access the game as a player or as a gm, the gm side seems to work correctly, its the player side that doesn't see the graphics

I was unable to reproduce the bug with the mod file. It seemed to be working properly. There were definite small glitches in the LOS due to a few points not closing completely. Also there is a bit of an issue when you transition from the upper to the lower map, but seemed to be fixed by also turning off the LOS on the upper level once you hide it. Seems like it didn't quite do it properly for me.
    Not much help I know.
    u only get the graphical glitch from a second machine and/or from the players perspective, as a gm it will work absolutely fine

Thanks for reporting. I've forwarded to Carl to look at. He's also looking at Joshua's issue as well.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Thanks for reporting. I've forwarded to Carl to look at. He's also looking at Joshua's issue as well.

Regards,
    JPG
    Thanks so much, I'm more relieved this isn't just something I have done wrong or wrong with my system <3 love to all the devs working so hard

Sincerely The Captain of the SSAdventurer

Quote Originally Posted by dbawldy View Post
    u only get the graphical glitch from a second machine and/or from the players perspective, as a gm it will work absolutely fine
    Yes. Sorry I only tried as GM. I get the same glitch as you do on the player side. It seems to not be showing the graphics from the lower level. The LOS seems mostly intact.
    Still not much help, but it's not just you.

So I did a bit more investigation. If you turn off the backgrounds on the lower layers (Gnome tunnels and Kruthiks Tunnels) you can at least see the walls. The backgrounds are in a different folder on the gnome tunnels. However I moved them out and placed them on the last layer, which should make it work, but you get the same issue until they are turned "not visible".
    Decorations on the "Gnome tunnels" layer are on the layer marked light source. This layer for some reason is hidden by the walls layer. If you turn off walls then the decorations are visible by the player, however the walls are now gone.

I tried moving these layers around, it seemed to effect the DM's view but not the player except when a layer is turned off.

I made another map with 3 layers and LOS. I didn't have an this same issue, granted it wasn't as complex as I was just testing the concept of layered maps.

I wonder if the layers are sending to the player out of order. As there is no way for the player to open the map to see the layers I'm not sure.

Blog Entries
    So I did a bit more investigation. If you turn off the backgrounds on the lower layers (Gnome tunnels and Kruthiks Tunnels) you can at least see the walls. The backgrounds are in a different folder on the gnome tunnels. However I moved them out and placed them on the last layer, which should make it work, but you get the same issue until they are turned "not visible".
    Decorations on the "Gnome tunnels" layer are on the layer marked light source. This layer for some reason is hidden by the walls layer. If you turn off walls then the decorations are visible by the player, however the walls are now gone.

I tried moving these layers around, it seemed to effect the DM's view but not the player except when a layer is turned off.

I made another map with 3 layers and LOS. I didn't have an this same issue, granted it wasn't as complex as I was just testing the concept of layered maps.

I wonder if the layers are sending to the player out of order. As there is no way for the player to open the map to see the layers I'm not sure.
    Thanks, Jaybob32. What you are describing is the same issue that Josh was having with one of the maps from his stream. The issue has been identified and should be fixed in the next release.

Confirmed issue with maps uploading in the correct order

Okay so a player of mine and I have been tinkering, and it apears to not just solely be the background layer but also, certain other layers as well, I think it is just a case that FG is not seeing the layers in the correct order. thanks again devs for your hard work
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by pindercarl View Post
    Thanks, Jaybob32. What you are describing is the same issue that Josh was having with one of the maps from his stream. The issue has been identified and should be fixed in the next release.
    Just an FYI Carl. I just made another map and tested it with a "player" on the same computer. Everything except for the shadow area on the base layer was working. So there still seems to be some issues. Looking really good though. Thanks

Thread Information