DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Multi-Layered Maps, not Transitioning correctly.

Hoping I've uploaded the images correctly

So here goes, I have a multi-tiered/layered Map,

the image with the Red Q Marks, is what I see, the other what my players see.

My issue is not the question marks, I know what has caused this, My issue is the images the players are seeing as it appears the map is not uploading to my players correctly, this is something that was demonstrated on FG Stream on Sat 10th Oct 2020 by Joshua Watmough

I have asked in the discord, who suggested it could be a LoS issue, however I don't believe it is as they would still the artwork in their Los. any help would be appreciated.

Many Thanks
    dbawldy
    (TheCaptain)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Your layer display on the various panting and asset layers is not set to GM Only is it? Does it change/resolve if you toggle the layer visibility and set it back to All?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Tried this, double triple and quadruple checked it,

Blog Entries
    Can you upload your campaign here? I think someone is going to have to take a look at it.

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

How do I do this, Do I export it as a module?

Managed to Export it as a module, hopefully someone can find time to help me fix it
    Attached Files Attached Files

Blog Entries
    Better if you just go to your FG Data directory (folder icon from FG launch screen) and then into the campaigns sub-folder. Zip the entire folder that matches yoru campaign name. Upload it here or to a shared folder if it is too large.

Hopefully that works (prays to the almighty deity, Tim)
    Attached Files Attached Files

As far as I can see the LoS is working; but I don't understand the map so that may be the reason I'm not seeing anything wrong. The Los on the DM map is the same as the player's view; but the players are clearly not seeing the same graphic as the Dm is but that'll be becasue of the various layers that should or should not be on at any one time
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I was unable to reproduce the bug with the mod file. It seemed to be working properly. There were definite small glitches in the LOS due to a few points not closing completely. Also there is a bit of an issue when you transition from the upper to the lower map, but seemed to be fixed by also turning off the LOS on the upper level once you hide it. Seems like it didn't quite do it properly for me.
    Not much help I know.

Thread Information