STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by rcruk View Post
    ...and there are MANY things much worse than guns. We’re currently playing the Deepnight Endeavour scenario...
    I am not familiar with that scenario.

Xargun

Thank you all for the excellent information! I will probably pose this as a solution which grabs several applications suggested.
    1. Only up to 2 types of armor can be stacked. (adzling)
    2. Stacked armor has to be stated in the CSC as allowable. (Which currently looks like: Cloth TL12, Conduit-Bleed, Dispersion, Fireproof Suit, Reflec, Nueral Sheath)
    3. When wearing stacked armor, fatigue will set upon them quicker than usual (rcruk)
    4. When wearing stacked armor, don't be surprised if the attackers notice the glancing blows and take a few minor actions reaching for something that can hurt. (Xargun)
    5. For both NPC and PC, rolling double 6's on the attack will allow them to role on a body hit location table (Traveller Companion pg. 51). This way, if that awesome stacked armor has limited body coverage, a lucky shot may still get through.
    6. If the PCs object, beat them over the head with the rule book...then disinfect for COVID. Resume play. (adzling)

I know Mad Beard, (Thank you so much for all your hard work!) has the FGU armor tagged with Kinetic, Laser, Energy. I am not sure how the code works for soaking damage within FGU using those tags.
    Obviously I can see that if an armor protects Kinetic, FGU is soaking it...as well as if Laser. But some armor, like the Lightweight Poly Carapace TL11 (CSC pg. 13) has no tag.
    So, if FGU does not see a tag, then the protection applies to any type of weapon? Kinetic, Laser, Energy?

I need to know this as currently (10/17/2020) I don't think FGU discerns stacked armor with different tags, meaning if you have a Kinetic piece with a Laser piece, FGU currently applies a soak at whatever it sees first regardless of the multi protection.
    I currently am improvising a work around when players are stacking armor and getting FGU to apply the proper soak. Lets say a person had a Kinetic +4 layer with another Laser +4 layer. I make my own composite custom armor that states protection as "kinetic +4, laser +4". I have the player 'not carry' the individual pieces and add the composite piece to their inventory and have them wear that instead.
    FGU, I have found, will then be able to discern the multi weapon protection and apply only the soak value that applies.

Any thoughts on this? And again thank you all for your information and ideas!

Deej.
    Last edited by deejaay1018; October 18th, 2020 at 01:29.

Quote Originally Posted by Xargun View Post
    I am not familiar with that scenario.

Xargun
    Can’t say much for fear of spoilers, safe to say it’s a tough one to shoot your way out of.

Quote Originally Posted by deejaay1018 View Post
    Thank you all for the excellent information! I will probably pose this as a solution which grabs several applications suggested.
    1. Only up to 2 types of armor can be stacked. (adzling)
    2. Stacked armor has to be stated in the CSC as allowable. (Which currently looks like: Cloth TL12, Conduit-Bleed, Dispersion, Fireproof Suit, Reflec, Nueral Sheath)
    3. When wearing stacked armor, fatigue will set upon them quicker than usual (rcruk)
    4. When wearing stacked armor, don't be surprised if the attackers notice the glancing blows and take a few minor actions reaching for something that can hurt. (Xargun)
    5. For both NPC and PC, rolling double 6's on the attack will allow them to role on a body hit location table (Traveller Companion pg. 51). This way, if that awesome stacked armor has limited body coverage, a lucky shot may still get through.
    6. If the PCs object, beat them over the head with the rule book...then disinfect for COVID. Resume play. (adzling)

I know Mad Beard, (Thank you so much for all your hard work!) has the FGU armor tagged with Kinetic, Laser, Energy. I am not sure how the code works for soaking damage within FGU using those tags.
    Obviously I can see that if an armor protects Kinetic, FGU is soaking it...as well as if Laser. But some armor, like the Lightweight Poly Carapace TL11 (CSC pg. 13) has no tag.
    So, if FGU does not see a tag, then the protection applies to any type of weapon? Kinetic, Laser, Energy?

I need to know this as currently (10/17/2020) I don't think FGU discerns stacked armor with different tags, meaning if you have a Kinetic piece with a Laser piece, FGU currently applies a soak at whatever it sees first regardless of the multi protection.
    I currently am improvising a work around when players are stacking armor and getting FGU to apply the proper soak. Lets say a person had a Kinetic +4 layer with another Laser +4 layer. I make my own composite custom armor that states protection as "kinetic +4, laser +4". I have the player 'not carry' the individual pieces and add the composite piece to their inventory and have them wear that instead.
    FGU, I have found, will then be able to discern the multi weapon protection and apply only the soak value that applies.

Any thoughts on this? And again thank you all for your information and ideas!

Deej.
    Hi Deej,

Very quickly. If armour has no protection type, ie just a number, say '6' then it has an Armour value of 6 against Kinetic, Laser, Fire etc but not against Radiation. v1.1.5 which is about to go to TEST allows you to stack all armours and it adds up the various defence values if they're worn. It's now for the Referee to control what can stack.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Thread Information