STAR TREK 2d20

20+ Columns Tables

Is there a way to create a table with more than 20 columns? I'm needing to create one with 28 columns, but it is impossible, at least in the CoreRPG and MoreCore.
    - - -
    FG Classic / FG Unity Ultimate
    Playing D&D 5th

Hello. This extension allow the creation of tables with any number of rows, but with only one column, or am I wrong?
    - - -
    Playing D&D 5th

Quote Originally Posted by fabiocm View Post
    Is there a way to create a table with more than 20 columns? I'm needing to create one with 28 columns, but it is impossible, at least in the CoreRPG and MoreCore.
    No, 20 is a limit coded into CoreRPG. You would have to create an extension to add more. The code is in the CoreRPG/campaign/scripts/table_main.lua file, in the setColumns() function. Looks like this.

Code:
    function setColumns(nColumns)
    	local nCurrentColumns = getColumns();
    	if nColumns < 1 then
    		nColumns = 1;
    	elseif nColumns > 20 then
    		nColumns = 20;
    	end
    	if nColumns ~= nCurrentColumns then
    		resultscols.setValue(nColumns);
    	end
    end
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Thanks!
    - - -
    Playing D&D 5th

Would this extension be hard to write? Maybe I try to learn the basics for this.
    - - -
    Playing D&D 5th

Quote Originally Posted by fabiocm View Post
    Would this extension be hard to write? Maybe I try to learn the basics for this.
    Only one way to find out.

Its really hard to say, what might be super simple for one of the FG developers to write, could be nearly impossible for someone who has never worked with lua/xml/fg API before. At first glance, this does seem like a nice, small, first project, but there certainly could be any number of roadblocks that I am unaware of.
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Thread Information