FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    If you delete the PC entry from the CT, it does not remove the token from the map (like it does with NPCs). At that point, the token will not be linked to anything.

Other than that, any unlinked tokens (i.e. added to map from somewhere other than CT) will generate that message when you attack/damage/heal/etc.

I'm not sure what the bug is exactly. If you still think it's a bug, could you recreate the issue for me with specific steps, so I can make sure any issues are addressed?

Regards,
    JPG
    The reason I think it's a bug is because it seems to happen randomly during combat. It works fine at first and then the issue seems appears without any change to the map, tokens, PCs, or NPCs. I'll see if I can recreate the issue sometime this week.

Cheers.

This has also happened to me, though I am not sure why or how. The player character suddenly cannot target an NPC (does not appear on combat tracker that they have a target). Requires DM to set, for even if the DM clears their target, they seem to not be able to target anything new.

Did not consider removing them from tracker and adding back in, but if this re-occurs, will try that. Will also try some additional "testing" to see if I can recreate this more reliably.

I have a campaign where several things aren't working between the combat tracker and map — targeting, lighting effects, vision, and so on. I've come across this thread because it seems like the combat tracker link to map tokens for the affected characters is broken. I've tried deleting some from the CT and map, then re-adding them from the arty Sheet, but even that hasn't worked in each case.

I ended up deleting the characters from the Party Sheet, Combat Tracker, and map. I then re-added them to the Party Sheet from the Character Selection window, opened each character sheet to drag the character to the Combat Tracker, and then dragged the PC from the Combat Tracker to the map.

After I did this, I can double-click on the PC tokens on the map to successfully open each character sheet. I can also click on each PC token on the map to see their LOS/lighting preview.

Before I did this, most/all of the PC tokens were unable to see anything with LOS/lighting enabled.

The players are not connected to the table, so they do not appear in the upper left of my DM screen. I wanted to fix this before the players' next session. Otherwise, they couldn't see anything on the map — at least not without me disabling all of the LOS that I added.

Thread Information