Starfinder Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    I am kicking so much *** with this right now, it’s exciting!

I am definitely going to keep going with this project. I am thinking it’ll turn into a “Story Template PRO” extension.

Goals:
    1. Hidden roll results (useful in combo with the other goals below)
    2. Cross-template rolling (pass parameters in)
    3. Column referencing (almost done!)
    4. Callout Internal Rolling using embedded tables to determine which table to roll on. Ie: [[race] [gender] NPC ]

I’ve drafted up a proof-of-concept/roadmap document already for all these goals, so it’s time to get cracking while the excitement is high.

The amount of work going into this however, will probably mean it either ends up as a patron benefit on my Patreon or on DMs Guild for a small fee. I’ve already poured well over a month into it and there’s a long way to go...

And I have SUCCEEDED!!!

I got everything I wanted working in an extension now, EXCEPT passing parameters in from another template (because io.read and io.write being blocked put a roadblock up for me that I don't care to fiddle with at the moment)

But man did I get a LOT implemented!

Column Referencing #a|3#
    Callout Custom Naming [:a:b]
    Callout Internal Rolling [::[a] [b]:c]
    Callout Internal Referencing [<a>]
    Callout Internal Column Referencing [#a|3#]
    Hidden rolls (using “?”)

ALL WORKING FLAWLESSLY! (It only took me 323 versions and taking a lua class to get it right... ) I will be making a video soon showing how they work, then it will likely appear on GMs guild or my Patreon. THEN I will set to work on Content Generator 2021, which will make heavy use of these new superpowers!!!!!

Blog Entries
    Hey Jim, I wonder if your extension could take the current date from the in game calendar and enter it in a story template? Wouldn't it be nice if I could generate the contents of a store and the resulting story title have the date in it? I think so

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Hey Jim, I wonder if your extension could take the current date from the in game calendar and enter it in a story template? Wouldn't it be nice if I could generate the contents of a store and the resulting story title have the date in it? I think so
    I agree w/ LE. I would find it very useful.
    Fantasy Grounds Unity Lives! Good job, Smiteworks!

Actually not that hard to achieve I’d wager, judging by what I’ve already had to do to get this other stuff to work.

I’m not sure I see the utility you do, but I can see if I can add it. Is it just so when you need to refer back to it later you can use the date to search? Would the in-game calendar be more handy, or the actual date the story was generated in the real world?

I feel like the latter might be more handy, unless a lot of people regularly keep up with the in game timekeeping system?

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    10 versions later, and I have built this functionality in now too. It uses the current date of the computer system. UPDATE: 10 MORE versions later, and it now has the OPTION to use the computer's date, or the date from the calendar within Fantasy Grounds. Using the Fantasy Grounds date is called with [FGDate:FORMAT].

Using a call of [Date:FORMAT] (where "FORMAT" is replaced by any of the following: "mm/yyyy", "mmm/yyyy", "month/yyyy", "yyyy", "mmm/dd", "mmm/dd/yyyy", "mm/dd/yyyy", "month", "day", "month/day", "day/mmm/dd", "day/month/dd", or "oldschool") (Update note: Because of my limited coding ability, however, [FGDate:FORMAT] has fewer formatting options available.)

Using these format codes results in the date being generated within your story, in the format you desired.

For clarity, if the date is November 28th, 2021 (a Sunday), then the format means the following:
    mm = 11
    mmm = Nov
    month = November
    dd = 28th
    day = Sunday

"day/mmm/dd" and "day/month/dd" result in "Sunday, Nov 28th" and "Sunday, November 28th", respectively.

"oldschool" results in "Sunday, the 28th of November, in the year of our Lord: Two Thousand and Twenty One"
    NOTE: "oldschool" is only coded to work with dates from this year on, so if you want a year in the past, manually replace that in your generated output. It is also not a format option for [FGDate:FORMAT]
    Last edited by JimSocks; November 9th, 2020 at 00:22.

Haha hundred. It’s only coded for now into the future actually so it will only say two thousand. I just used an example from the 1980s and forgot to change the thousand. It was just to illustrate the output. I should change it eh?

Thread Information