FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
    If this is a big deal to you I would make sure you put it on the wishlist and get your players to upvote it.

https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/proj/

From my point of view and from what I have heard from my players testing it out this has never even come up but we are mainly using classic currently so maybe they did not notice the difference when we have been testing Unity.
    If you want a Wishlist in the Fantasy grounds store klick the link and upvote it.
    https://fgapp.idea.informer.com/proj/fgapp?ia=135468

I firmly believe that bug fixes and known issues shouldn't be subject to majority rule. But it seems like this is somewhere in the gray space between a Known Difference between FGC/FGU, a deprecated feature, and a feature request. Please vote below.

https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/proj/fg2app?ia=134681

IT IS IN !!!!!!

Awesome thank you's to the FG team for including dice rolling for player viewing last patch!!!

now we just need GM rolls to be visible so that, "the dice may fall where they may"

SUPER KUDOS!!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by roanoke13 View Post
    now we just need GM rolls to be visible so that, "the dice may fall where they may"
    You mean the option "Show GM Rolls"?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    You mean the option "Show GM Rolls"?
    Due to the context they probably mean the physical dice (players can see other players' dice (no shadow) and they ask probably something similar for the GM dice )

yeah, I'm up for showing the DM dice too. Option please :-)

If I'm not mistaken rolling in the dice tower as GM automatically shows the rolls right?

And it is now doing this.
    I've played all of 4 sessions in FGU.
    The first three were just dice shadows for all other players for all rolls in or out of the tower.

Now in our 4th session suddenly we all get to see all the rolls of the other players except in the dice tower.

This is the kind of "we have plans" stuff that i feel ought to be more shared with the public.
    not when, just what?

Because as a long time RPGer, when i look at your designs for an VTT tool, and i see things that anyone with actual real world RPG table xp would expect to get are in fact missing.

What do you imagine i can rationally assume of you, as a free market for profit product?

You are not kidding yourselves that i should assume to just place blind faith in you when you have your hand out for money do you?
    So this is the deal. I must assume of your perceived short comings, that which is statistically reasonable in the market.
    Which would not be, you got my back, it would be that you try to get my monye for as little effort (costs) as you can manage to get for.
    So missing obvious features don't get the assumption that you do in fact plan for it, when you do not say what features you do or do not plan to have up front.
    To assume that of you would be irrational to the market's average behavior. And looking like you expected me to make uninformed money spending choices, only backs up the average market behavior assumption model.

But i get it. Rational based purchasing decisions is not what the market's middle bell demographic is know for. So following the trends would mean, only a smaller slice of the market pie is going to be more hesitant about funding you.

Quote Originally Posted by A Social Yeti View Post
    And it is now doing this.
    I've played all of 4 sessions in FGU.
    The first three were just dice shadows for all other players for all rolls in or out of the tower.

Now in our 4th session suddenly we all get to see all the rolls of the other players except in the dice tower....
    Yes... It was bugged before. Now it is fixed. Not sure I follow the thrust of the rest of your rant.

Quote Originally Posted by lavoiejh View Post
    Yes... It was bugged before. Now it is fixed. Not sure I follow the thrust of the rest of your rant.
    It is that if FG had any public facing info on what the design functions/features that are planned were to expect.
    Then when something that seems integral to replicating the tabletop experience is perceived as missing.

People could know:
    design does include this, just not in yet or is bugged.
    vs.
    the design of FG actually lacks that feature, it was not considered or planned to have such.

To pay in advance for an entirely unknown feature set, is basically an irrational purchase decision.
    And as long as anyone wants to hang the "early access" label, i can't exactly pretend they are somehow blissfully unaware of that.

I assume when it drops the EA label, they will actually post a full features/functions list for the product.
    And for now until that's out, missing features can't be assumed just broken, they are in fact missing by design and so a poor design that failed to notice key elements of the game table that should be replicated.

Basically any business with the hand out for the monye, insults my intelligent if they assume to get my monye on just good feelings and trust, but not info on plans of features and functions for what is being paid for.

All my research says this is the best VTT app i can find, but that's not changing that when i see questionable things i do call them out.
    Early access and too little info on the design plans, is a buyer bewared rad flag in today's market ecosystem.
    Last edited by A Social Yeti; October 22nd, 2020 at 17:41.

Thread Information