5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

Players seeing all dice rolls

Are there any plans to have an option for players to see each other's rolls in chat? Thanks.

Blog Entries
    That's a setting the DM sets.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

If you are talking about Unity then currently the player only see their own dice actually rolling. The other players dice and the GM dice only show shadows.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    If you are talking about Unity then currently the player only see their own dice actually rolling. The other players dice and the GM dice only show shadows.
    Thanks Zacchaeus. It is Unity that I am referring to. Are there any plans to have this option added?

I can't remember. Moon Wizard posted something somewhere about it but I can't remember where or what he said, sorry.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

We don't have plans to change this right now; but it is something on our list to review in the future to see what might make sense.

Regards,
    JPG

Players being able to see other player's dice rolls and cheer and groan at the crits and fumbles are a big part of having the digital dice, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Griogre View Post
    Players being able to see other player's dice rolls and cheer and groan at the crits and fumbles are a big part of having the digital dice, IMO.
    Definately agree with Griogre on this, not seeing other playes rolls will detract from the playing experience massively (at my table at least).

Cheers, Steve.

I notice the feed shows me the outcomes of the rolls for my whole party, just not actual watching the die roll.
    So i get to see who hits/misses/crits still.

HOWEVER. What we the players miss out sharing in, is the tiltly 20/2, will it 20 will it miss stuff.
    In terms of a die actually being rolled and what's the bother of doing physics dice rolls anyway?
    I can't actually understand the design effort point, unless the whole table shares in that roll's wobble excitement together.

But in terms of dealing right now when only the outcomes are seen but not the actual physics roll. This means the player rolling or the GM kinda need to be providing active play calls like a sports announcer to give it the excitement.
    Don't just let the outcome be read by each on their own, but give a flavorful description of your hit/miss/crit, to help replace the die roll watching excitement we'd normally get to at the table.

It is everyone getting to see the die wobble momentarily in the uncertainty of outcomes, that we can see potentially coming on the hit/miss numbers showing on the top while it's not obvious which way it is going to land.
    When you and you alone sees this, then no one else at the table shares in that brief second of excitement, no big yes or oohhhh to be had if only you are the one watching that go on.
    Last edited by A Social Yeti; October 12th, 2020 at 19:15.

You can see other player rolls in FGC correct? At least when we play we can. Why would this change?

Thread Information