DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Dramatic Tasks: Remove a success on Critical Failure?

In SWADE, the Dramatic Task rules state the following:
    Characters are dealt Action Cards as usual during a Dramatic Task. Those attempting the task make relevant skill checks and get a Task Token for each success and raise. Failure means no progress and a Critical Failure reduces progress by one (if there are any).
    Most of this is fine, except for the Critical Failure option. It doesn't allow the GM to remove an existing success, and it doesn't recognize that a Critical Failure gives -1 success.

Is this a bug, or is there a way of handling these that I'm missing?

How are you tracking the Dramatic Task, walk me through step by step if you can. I used the 'Manual Dice Entry' feature to simulate a Critical Failure and it removed one success.

Put a player on the CT, right click them and select dramatic task.
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Quote Originally Posted by YggBjorn View Post
    How are you tracking the Dramatic Task, walk me through step by step if you can. I used the 'Manual Dice Entry' feature to simulate a Critical Failure and it removed one success.
    I was able to simulate this using the Manual Dice entry:
    FGUDramaticTaskCritFail.png
    On round 1, the character got one Success, but on round 2, got a critical failure. So the character should now have 0 Successes. Instead, it shows 1, even after Resolving the roll.

You are right. I can't recreate the result I had last night, so I must have done something wrong or not paying attention. I was kinda tired. Personally I create a note and just track it by hand. If the player gets a club I just remind them of the -2 modifier and make them use the modifier box if they decide to attempt something.

Quote Originally Posted by YggBjorn View Post
    You are right. I can't recreate the result I had last night, so I must have done something wrong or not paying attention. I was kinda tired. Personally I create a note and just track it by hand. If the player gets a club I just remind them of the -2 modifier and make them use the modifier box if they decide to attempt something.
    Fair 'nuff, but I think it warrants a bug report anyhow. Thanks!

Agreed! I would like to see an overhaul of the Dramatic Task system, however I realize that is a large task and I think there is only one person, Ikael, working on the Savage Worlds ruleset for SWADE.

Thread Information