5E Character Create Playlist

How to forge a weapon that deals damage to its wielder?

I was running a 5E game in person when COVID hit. As many players moved to other cities, we brought our game to Fantasy Grounds.
    One of my players had a "Toothbiter" sword (found on Pinterest), which grants adv on disarming attacks, although punishes the wielder by smacking its face (1d4 bludg) if it rolls 1 or 2.
    I think the idea of the item is very funny and I would love to create it on FG, but I've been struggling for a couple weeks already...
    Is it possible to automate that effect?
    Thanks!

There is no way to automate that ability. You could add an alternate weapon or power entry to the PC that they can apply when it happens.

Regards,
    JPG

If you think about it when you roll the attack role it does not cause damage you hit a separate action for the damage part. So you would have the player roll then when they rolled a 1 or a 2 they would need to target themselves and hit the toothbiter damage button.
    toothbiter.jpg

Now if you want to go all in you could make a custom fumble table for your group as well.
    If you want a Wishlist in the Fantasy grounds store klick the link and upvote it.
    https://fgapp.idea.informer.com/proj/fgapp?ia=135468

Thread Information