DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 3 First 123

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    After deleting those images, then make sure to start the campaign, so it can clean out the old image records linked to those images.

Also, since you had been using such large images; try reviewing your "tokens" subfolder in the FG data folder to see how many images are there and how big they are as well. These all get loaded with the tabletop; in order to be available at a moment's notice.

Regards,
    JPG
    EDIT

Thanks. Image folder empty. Token folder has one file - 237 K.

I've started the campaign and assume it cleaned out the image records as described above. FGU still took ~1m30s to open the campaign while the task manager showed the Memory building to 1,230,000 K before the campaign was accessible. I have it open now and getting small lag on other applications (e.g., as I type this in the forum). We'll see how tomorrow's game goes!
    Last edited by BrettM; October 31st, 2020 at 23:25.

UPDATE: Sadly I'm still running into lag after doing the above steps. The lag is both my Windows laptop and MacBook (using FGU), and both show RAM use of 1,000M+. Windows laptop lags a bit more than the MacBook.

Other than restarting a fresh campaign (or at least doing that to test - just thought of it now, and will do at some point this week), I'm not sure what other solutions I have. Any thoughts would be helpful. I appreciate you can't troubleshoot every set up out there. The fact it's happening on two different machines has be believing it's the files vs. the hardware, although I could be wrong. FG ran fine up to about 3 months ago. My thanks.

Have you tried moving your files, and running with a brand new installation?
    If the brand new installation runs without lagging, then you could bring over and try different campaigns to see which files might be triggering slowdowns.
    Once we have an idea of what is causing slowdowns, then it becomes easier to narrow the cause.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Have you tried moving your files, and running with a brand new installation?
    If the brand new installation runs without lagging, then you could bring over and try different campaigns to see which files might be triggering slowdowns.
    Once we have an idea of what is causing slowdowns, then it becomes easier to narrow the cause.
    Thanks. So essentially start with a vanilla install of FGU/FGC (after backing up my files elsewhere)?

Yeah. By starting with a vanilla install, we can determine if it's a core hardware or core software issue vs. a files issue.

Thanks,
    JPG

UPDATE: Complete uninstall & reinstall of FGU on PC Laptop. Slight lag noticeable in both FGU and other apps (e.g., Chrome open with 4 tabs - the lag was in either accessing website and/or a CTRL-F on a website to find text), but less lag than before.

This was a clean install of FGU, and the only items I added were: a) created a new 5e campaign; b) one .mod file (a FGU adventure from DMs Guild); and c) three PCs imported from the backup of FGU I made before the re-install.

Next session I will do a clean reinstall on my MacBook Pro, and then add the above .mod/PCs and transfer the above campaign, .mod file, and PCs to the MacBook Pro to see if there is any different results between the two computers. Thanks!

Thread Information