DICE PACKS BUNDLE

No chat problem continues

I continue to experience a very repeatable NO CHAT problem both while working on the game and during gameplay. It is most annoying during gameplay. FGU. 5E. Clearly memory related.
    In FGU a text entry on the storyboard can be listed as a CHAT FRAME. As such, and initially, clicking on the bubble icon next to that frame spams it to the chat board for the players to read. All is well.

Then, everytime I work extensively with my campaign, updating it, maps, creating storyline, etc. the chat frame eventually freezes. It will no longer spam to chat. While I can deal with this when creating my module, it also happened to me last time we played FGU near the end of the night. It had been working fine, allowing me to spam NPC conversations and the like. But after a few hours of play it also froze and I could no longer spam my players. I did not wish to restart FGU, which likely would have solved the problem. So instead I was forced to read all the chat frames I had set up for them to read.

This is VERY repeatable and seems to be a memory issue of some type.
    Please correct and advise.
    Thank you.

I think, since you are the only person I have seen reporting this issue, that the devs will need to at least see your log files or probably also your campaign files. Can you zip all of those up and put them somewhere like Dropbox etc and provide a link so the devs can start to analyze the situation.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Log file
    Attached Files Attached Files

Nothing in the log files indicate any kind of problem. Probably also need the campaign files too.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Yes, can you provide the campaign folder zipped up.

Also, any additional information on what might trigger the situation: (such as, but not limited to)
    * Does it happen when using chat buttons a lot, regardless of time?
    * When leaving windows open for long time?
    * When just leaving FG open without using?
    * Anything else you can think of?

Basically, without being able to recreate the issue locally, it's almost impossible to determine what the exact issue is in order to fix. So, we're basically left at guessing when we don't have details to recreate.

Thanks,
    JPG

Thread Information