FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

New Campaign: PFRPG - AdventureAWeek's Rise of the Drow trilogy.

Looking for 1 player - healer type

As I'm converting AdventureAWeek.com's excellent Rise of the Drow trilogy to Fantasy Grounds in the form of commercial modules (including the prologue and epilogue) I have decided to GM it as well - it will be a good way for me to playtest the conversion and a nice way of rewarding myself for all of my hard work!

As such, I am putting this post out there to see who might be interested in playing.

WHAT-Long running campaign that if completed will take PCs from level 1 to 20.
    WHEN-Wednesday or Thursday evenings, 5pm PDT (Pacific Daylight Time: GMT -7) = 8pm Eastern Daylight time (currently GMT -4). Day to be locked down with the group. The first few sessions are prepared and ready to go, so this could start pretty soon...
    Duration-Around 4 hours each session.
    License-Ultimate Licence - any version (including the demo version) needed to play.
    Communication-Teamspeak - we'll be using the community Teamspeak server for all communications. Anyone who plays must have a decent headset with built it mic and be OK using it. Text chat within FG will be to a minimum to avoid slowing the game down - don't apply if you don't want to communicate via voice.
    Player resourses-This is fairly limited due to the background and nature of the AdventureAWeek.com campaign world background and the hook for the beginning of the campaign. Paizo PRD for feats. spells. etc. https://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/ But limits on classes and races as outlined below.
    Character Creation-20 point buy
    Character Race-Races are limited - see the attachment below.
    Character Classes-PF Core Rules for classes - run anything else by me first.
    Character alignment-any non-evil.
    Game Style-I role play quite a bit, but this campaign will also have times when it is pretty combat heavy. However, I don't enjoy GMing dungeon crawls, so don't expect those too often.
    Maturity/OOC "chat"-I like a laugh like everyone, but I also like to have good role-playing sessions where everyone gets into character and enjoys the setting and progresses the storyline. Please don't apply if you want to have out-of-character jokes/conversations *all* of the time in the voice channel - every now and then is fine, but if you're slowing the game down or disrupting/dispelling a good role-playing atmosphere I will ask you to reduce the level of OOC activity.

Background
    https://adventureaweek.com/ have produced many scenarios for 3.5E and Pathfinder over the last few years. A lot of their scenarios (the A series in particular) are set in their own world, concentrating on a particular area: The Klavek Kingdom and their frontier area of the Rybalkan peninsular and the village of Rybalka. This game will start with the running of the A0 and A1 AaW scenarios - the player characters are Klavekian colonists sent from the more civilized areas of the Klavek Kingdom to help with the colonization efforts on the frontier at Rybalka. The game starts with the PCs on a ship heading across Serpent Lake towards the village of Rybalka... From there who knows what will happen!

Races
    Due to the background and campaign hooks races are pretty limited. If you are an AdventureAWeek.com subscriber you can see more info about the races here: https://adventureaweek.com/campaign-setting/races/

More info on races is included in the attached document. The most common are listed first, with the less common in order. If you want to play one of the less common races I'll expect you to come up with a good background story as to why your character is in the Klavek Kingdom and decides to take the Monarchy up on their offer of becoming a colonist on the frontier. "Colonist" is a loose term - as all types of people are needed to help the fledgling colony...

Interested?
    Ask questions here or PM me. If I get lots of people interested I will look at people in order of application, but I reserve the right to select people who I feel will fit into the campaign best (if I am lucky enough to get lots of people interested that is).
    Last edited by Trenloe; October 9th, 2014 at 18:47.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Trenloe what a pity about the time scheduled for this game, cause is imposible for me, but i fully agree with that kind of play style, and what is more, lately i 've been reading about this campaign, and think it could be great. In fact, i am thinking about buying the 500 pages book.

When doy you think the first modules will be ready to buy in Fantasy Grounds versión?

I would be interested in playing, sounds like it would be fun. I always enjoy campaigns having to deal with the drow. When you say core rules for classes does that mean only classes, feats etc.. from only core rulebook?

Quote Originally Posted by dragonbait View Post
    I would be interested in playing, sounds like it would be fun. I always enjoy campaigns having to deal with the drow. When you say core rules for classes does that mean only classes, feats etc.. from only core rulebook?
    Classes primarily from the core rulebook - if you want a class from the other Paizo rulebook run it by me, gunslinger, ninja and samurai are out as they don't fit in the campaign background.

Feats, spells, etc. can be taken from the Paizo PRD.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by M_A_G_O View Post
    When doy you think the first modules will be ready to buy in Fantasy Grounds versión?
    We still have a lot to do to get the first module out - there are a lot of encounter areas that don't have battlemaps and there needs to be a bunch of tokens created. I wouldn't want to commit to any date, but it should be "soon"...

Blog Entries
    I would be interested in playing. Just let me know when you are ready to go.

Resire

FG Con 5 – October 17-19th 2014 - register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.

My Projects

I am interested as well! Looks like it will be a blast.

Interested.
    Last edited by jshauber; June 26th, 2014 at 04:48.

dragonbait; RTFallen; Trathion; jshauber - check your PMs, I've sent you info about voting for the first game time.

I am also interested, especially if it lands on a Thursday evening.

Thread Information