STAR TREK 2d20

[Module] PF2 sound chat triggers

Hi everyone!
    For some period of time i were using Mattekure's extension for sound with syrinscape in my games. It works great, but it has one big trouble for me - it is only for DND5, not Pf2. So my mind crashed after one more time creating addtional sound trigger by hand and I decided to write program that does it automatically. It is almost done but needs some help to increase speed producing it (not programming but creating routine map of sounds from dnd to pf2 in text document. So everyone without any special knowledge can help). Everyone who wants to help and have syrinscape subscription are welcome in my PM. After completed this module will be free for everyone and can be downloaded here. However I need to say that it is just addon for another paid module for syrinscape from Mattekure which need paid syrinscape subscription too.
    Original module from Mattekure can be found here

Software is published here SoundTrig utility for Chat Triggers
    Last edited by rennyo; August 2nd, 2021 at 10:59. Reason: Added info

No need for that, just change the ruleset to PFRPG2

Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><root version="4" dataversion="20201016" release="17|CoreRPG:4.1">
        <name>Chat Triggers for Syrinscape</name>
        <category />
        <author>Mattekure</author>
        <ruleset>PFRPG2</ruleset>
    </root>
    “Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

Terry Pratchett [RIP] - Jingo

You are comletely wrong. Sound triggers for DND differs from PF2 as PF2 has multiattack that does not trigger and a lot of weapons and spells that are absent in dnd.
    Last edited by rennyo; July 2nd, 2021 at 14:45.

Quote Originally Posted by rennyo View Post
    You are comletely wrong.
    First of all I'd like to mention that in english that statement comes across as rude and arrogant. You cannot tell if I am wrong.

Secondly, I think I know where there is a misunderstanding as I have it running on my PF2 setup.
    But the default sounds do not work. Here you are correct. You have to manually configure Chat Triggers.

syrinscape plugin.png

So for each sound I want I have to manually configure them.
    In the screenshot you can see I've added a Critical Miss trigger that triggers on the text "%[CRITICAL MISS%]".
    I've checked the ADV? tick box to be able to use lua scripting otherwise without the % it will not recognise the [ and ] character.

Try it out.
    “Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

Terry Pratchett [RIP] - Jingo

Quote Originally Posted by Farnaby View Post
    First of all I'd like to mention that in english that statement comes across as rude and arrogant. You cannot tell if I am wrong.
    I'm sorry, I did't want to be rude. You are right it is my english and different cultures.
    Quote Originally Posted by Farnaby View Post
    So for each sound I want I have to manually configure them.
    This is a key part of my work. Althought it works from the box, for pf2 module functionality is incomplete. Many sounds and weapons from pf2 does not have triggers. You have to make them manually. I am writing program that creates triggers with one click for all spells and weapons.

Software for quick trigger editing is published. Now you can create sound chat trigger module with just two clicks for PF2 and other systems.

Thread Information