5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 7 123 ... Last

Wall Types and Features

With the new wall types, I wanted to document the types and what I believe are the features. Feel free to correct me if any of this is wrong.

Wall Type Blocks Movement Blocks Vision Player Toggleable Lockable Shape Notes
    Wall Yes Yes No No Line Standard Wall
    Terrain No Can see into, but not beyond. While inside can see out. Toggleable No No Closed Polygon Useful for elevation, forest, or other areas that you can pass through, but not see beyond.
    Door Yes (Toggleable open/close) Can see space in the doors area, but not beyond. Toggleable Yes if unlocked. Yes, DM can lock/unlock using Shift-Click Closed Polygon Standard Door
    Toggleable Wall Yes (Toggleable) Yes (Toggleable) No, DM only No Line Useful for secret doors/walls
    Window Yes (Toggleable) No Yes if unlocked Yes, DM can lock using shift-click Line Could be useful to represent bars or cage. Can see through, but not move through.
    Illusionary Wall No Yes No No Line Only way to notice is to attempt to move through. no visual indication. this can be used to represent curtains that block vision, but allow movement through or magic illusion walls, etc.
    Pit Does not block movement into pit, once inside, blocks movement out (Toggleable) Does not block vision while outside of pit, once inside blocks vision out (Toggleable) No, DM only No Closed Polygon experimental, may change. Open pits block movement and vision when the token is inside. Closed pits have no effect on movement or vision.
    Last edited by mattekure; October 11th, 2020 at 04:49.
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Thanks mattekure. It is a very useful info.
    Nébula Rol

So you dare to cross the Veil… Oh, adventurer! Do you think there won’t be consequences, perhaps?

Sakrynia: The Land of Tears

Blog Entries
    Two notes: 1) For the window type, you note that you can see in. That should be see through. 2) Open pits block movement and vision when the token is inside. Closed pits have no effect.

thanks, updated
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

This is very helpful! I was wondering how to make a portcullis which blocks movement and not sight. This totally does it!

Great job Smiteworks!

Kind of like golf - I love this - and hate it - as now I have to update my campaign maps I put LOS in (sigh).
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Question about PIT. The only way for a player to get out of a PIT is for the DM to move them out of it correct?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kevininrussia View Post
    Question about PIT. The only way for a player to get out of a PIT is for the DM to move them out of it correct?
    Or for the GM to close the pit.

If the pit is OPEN, then it affects players inside. if the pit is CLOSED then it doesnt affect the players movement or vision.

I reeally like pits and illusionary walls. These add more dynamics, and the interaction with the map is more intense (in sense of that players can discover something on the map without the immediate need of the GM)

Thread Information