DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 8 of 10 First ... 678910 Last
    Looks like you are set. I submitted the application should you have a spot open up at some point.

Good morning... I thought maybe would try connecting and maybe making a character today....

Nothing set in stone though... I just wanted to start to establish connections to the game maybe.. No players have been selected or anything like that.. More of a dry run that may or may not turn into something we use character wise..

If any unity DM out there wants to help educate that would be cool?!

Todays connection time is flexible and this is time frame time we would be starting too..

The plan, connect on discord meet and greet then collectively try and get a game connection established. IF that goes well and we if interested may can start to build a character.. Just depends on how we are feeling..

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by David the DM View Post
    If any unity DM out there wants to help educate that would be cool?!
    I have only ever used FG Classic so not familiar with the online connection option Unity offers. Do you have the standard or ultimate license (all my license stuff is in Classic with only the demo for Unity at the moment).
    FG:Unity Ultimate License Holder: Meaning anyone can join my games, even those with just the Demo . . .
    Timezone: UTC-6/CST (My 'Current' Local Time)
    Currently Running: An Old-School Essentials campaign, set in Hârn . . . Here is the discord channel -> Hârnic OSE.
    Current Design Project: Developing a stand-alone "Hârnic 5e" setting for OSE and Fifth Edition . . .

Here is updated discord link... https://discord.gg/rQcEv9

I just finished watching some of a sample mission ran from DM perspective to get my first look behind the screen lol...

I'm doing my best to learn as fast as I can to have the best experience possible..

I'm gonna grab a quick bite to eat and then jump on and try and get someone connected... etc..

I Have an understanding but I just need to get some OJT now..

I have discord on my phone now too so updated will be more fluent.. If the link stops working again lemme know..

Now where's my grog!

Update for all... Connection tests went great!.. Just a small learning curve there.. Still working on understanding the DM side of FG but I did get a lot of base knowledge down.. as a matter of fact I started to bolster up out the adventure some too.. places where I saw needed some extra images to share etc..

I am working through things like how to handle what map the players should see and wondering if it will be worth it to create LOS stuff for maps I pull in my self..

I dont know who will be playing but filling out the app does certainly help.. I have received 2 so far..

DtDM

Quote Originally Posted by Feldsparian View Post
    Looks like you are set. I submitted the application should you have a spot open up at some point.
    I dont think I got it? Send in PM or post here please..

I would be interested in a Saturday game. Sunday would be good too, but would need to be after 1300. I'm Central Time.

I'm new to using FGU (which I own a Standard license), but am experienced with playing D&D from the days of the original, through AD&D and 3.5e. Yep, showing my age there a bit.

After a lapse of several years, I'm looking to get involved again and have acquired a D&D 5e set, both within FGU and hardcover.

I'm retired military with dual service in the Navy and Coast Guard, and am currently a Federal Government employee of the FAA. If y'all are still looking for a player, I'm willing to join.

Marcus
    Last edited by Marcus Arabela; October 20th, 2020 at 04:54.
    Discord: Marcus Arabela
    Fantasy Grounds Forums: Marcus Arabela
    Steam: Marcus Arabela
    XBox: Marcus Arabela

Maybe I missed a post, what application? Been on this thread since start and think I missed a beat. I good for any time sat or Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by David the DM View Post
    So because this is an investment of not only money which frankly is not the most important thing.. Its time.. time with friends and like minded individuals.. adventures as it were!!

Games runs best when there is some understanding of game play. Would be super helpful to have these questions answered please! Share either as a post or PM either is fine...

The players’ roles are…

a) …to follow the GM’s lead to fit the story
    b) …to set goals for their characters, and pursue them proactively
    c) …to fling their characters into tough situations and make hard, sometimes, unwise choices

Doing the smartest thing for your character’s survival…

a) …is what a good player does.
    b) …sometimes isn’t as important as other choices
    c) …isn’t even a concern or focus for this game.

The GM’s role to the rules is…

a) …follow them, come what may. (including following house rules)
    b) …ignore them when they conflict with what would be good for the story
    c) …ignore them when they conflict with what “should” happen, based either on realism, the setting, or the genre

After many sessions of play, during one session, a player decides to have her character side with an enemy. This is…

a) …something that shouldn’t even happen. This is someone being a jerk.
    b) …where the character becomes an NPC, right away or fairly soon.
    c) …something the player and the GM should have set up ahead of time.
    d) …only going to last until the other player characters find out and do something about it.
    e) …a meaningful moment, powerful and an example of excellent play.

A fistfight breaks out in a bar! The details of where everything is – tables, chairs, where everyone is standing is something that…

a) …is important and will be displayed on a map or grid, perhaps using miniature figures.
    b) …is something the GM will describe and you should ask questions to get more information.
    c) …you can decide on the spot using specific game rules (rolling dice, spending points, whatever)
    d) …isn’t really that important other than it makes for an interesting scene- pretty much anyone can come up with details.

In order to really have fun with this game, the rulebook is something that…

a) …everyone playing needs to have read and understood before play, because the rules and setting are both very important.
    b) …everyone should know the rules very well.
    c) …everyone should know the setting very well.
    d) …everyone at least should know the basics of the rules.
    e) …everyone at least should know the genre the game pulls from
    f) …Only one person needs to really know the rules and it can be explained in 10 minutes or less to everyone else.

This game runs best when the players take time to create characters that are…

a) …built to face challenges using the mechanics and stats.
    b) …written with extensive backstories or histories
    c) …given strong motivations and an immediate problem or crisis
    d) …tied into the other characters as (allies) (enemies) (as either)
    e) …written with some knowledge, research or reading up on the game setting, real history or an actual culture

Thank you in advance!
    If this was what you referred too as application

B
    C
    A
    D
    D

Quote Originally Posted by Klondikejimbo View Post
    If this was what you referred too as application
    yes that was it.. Just give me an idea on what to expect.. ty sir!

Thread Information