DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Thread: Gravity Weapon

Gravity Weapon

Hi all,

Just wondering if you had a good suggestion for how I could put Gravity Weapon on my task bar at the bottom of the screen or anywhere really so I get the DMG bonus to my first attack? Thanks for all you do.

I mean is there a way to automate getting the status bonus to DMG for the first attack?

Not really, Simplest way is to just put the bonus damage in the MOD box (bottom left corner) before you make the attack.
    You could make an effect to drop on yourself that expires next roll but it's easier just to pop the number in the MOD box. Just make your your not stacking status bonuses.

If the effect lasted a min or something I would make a effect for it but as its only for one attack Not worth it.
    "When questing once in noble wood of gray medieval pine, I came upon a tomb, rain-slicked, rubbed cool, ethereal, its inscription long vanished, yet still within its melancholy fissures."

We made a second weapon entry for the weapon with Gravity weapon on, but in case of a crit with a deadly weapon (longbow) we still had to put an extra +2 in the mod box. This because when putting deadly d10+2 in the traits to add the +2 to the extra die, the ruleset (probably understandably) didn't pick up the +2 there.

gravity weapon.png

Quote Originally Posted by Lowlander View Post
    We made a second weapon entry for the weapon with Gravity weapon on, but in case of a crit with a deadly weapon (longbow) we still had to put an extra +2 in the mod box. This because when putting deadly d10+2 in the traits to add the +2 to the extra die, the ruleset (probably understandably) didn't pick up the +2 there.

gravity weapon.png
    I'm not sure if there's been an official ruling on this, but I don't think that the gravity damage bonus gets modified by deadly dice on a critical. You'll double the gravity damage bonus, so in this example from +4 to +8 (which FG caters for automatically) and then the deadly dice act as normal, after the base damage has been doubled.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I think you're absolutely correct. After digging a little deeper I found on p. 279 of the Core Rulebook:

Counting Damage Dice
    Effects based on a weapon’s number of damage dice include only the weapon’s damage die plus any extra dice from a striking rune. They don’t count extra dice from abilities, critical specialization effects, property runes, weapon traits, or the like.

I'll tell my power gamers the bad news

Another way to handle this (and how I handled it) was to create an effect that expends on the next roll and applys to self.
    The player can then drag that down to the bottom bar and hit the relevant Function numerical key when necessary.

My ranger also has flurry, so they are often using the function keys for MAP#2 and MAP#3

Thread Information