FG Spreadshirt Swag

Mac mini connection issues

We have a player on a Mac, we had no issues until about a month ago.

First someone else started GMing and he was never able to see or select his character in the PC selection window. I started a thread here trying to solve it with no luck.

Last night someone else started as DM (long story) and we rolled up PC using the wizard. He would go through the process, hit save and his character would not be there. I had him do it with screen sharing on and noticed he was getting socket errors so we had him reboot. This time he was able to get through the process but when finished the DM saw a mostly blank character sheet and he was still on screen share so we could see his sheet was complete.

We had him log off again and back on and on doing so his character sheet was now mostly blank like the DM was seeing. We gave up at that point as I was out of ideas. This totally sounds like a connection / latency issue but I have no idea how to fix it or why it just started happening in the last month.

Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot this and / or fix it?

Can you get the logs on both the GM and the player next time they are connected and right as they are getting errors?
    (To get logs, type /console, press Enter, then press Compile Logs in the console window.)

There are some network logs in there that might determine if it is a networking scenario.

Some other questions:
    * Is the Mac user on the exact same version number and date as everyone else? (i.e. according to upper right of launch screen)
    * Can the user document the exact steps they are following to make a character when it fails? (Maybe try a real simple partial character to keep things simple, i.e. just name/background.)
    * Can the user try connecting to someone outside the group? Do they see the same issues?
    * Has the user tried uninstalling FGU, and reinstalling? (On Mac, I believe uninstalling requires removing application from Applications folder and renaming/deleting Smiteworks folder in user directory.)

We basically need to try to figure out if the issue is related to the user's setup or a more general issue. Also, we need to figure out what is unique to the user's environment/installation/etc. that might be triggering the issue.

Thanks,
    JPG

Thread Information