DICE PACKS BUNDLE

How do I make characters with absent Stamina?

I'm trying to make a character with absent stamina, a vampire, which doesn't have stamina. I checked the How To post, but it didn't really tell me how to do that. In theory, the character is supposed to have absent Stamina after -5, but it just keeps going down into the negative double digits. Any help on this would be appreciated.

Absent stamina was never implemented within the ruleset. This is one of the older systems and may not incorporate all rules. I'm not sure of those rules. Where is this located in the Core Rulebook?
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    Absent stamina was never implemented within the ruleset. This is one of the older systems and may not incorporate all rules. I'm not sure of those rules. Where is this located in the Core Rulebook?
    It's in the chapter on ability scores, starting on page 109 of the Third edition deluxe Hero's Handbook. That's the only edition I currently have.

According to the section, Absent abilities give the players 10 extra points to make the character per absent score, at the cost that the character automatically fails at any roll dealing with that ability.
    Last edited by Jesternario; October 17th, 2022 at 21:26.

Well I took over the ruleset a few years ago, but it was something that was around for quite some time before that. So I would assume the system was setup with not the deluxe version. In any case, I might find a solution, but it won't be a quick turn around.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Is fine. Thank you for answering.

Hey there. Finally got around to responding to your question. What exactly are you looking for?

[EDIT: Double-checked and yes, you can put in -5 for Stamina, and it will reduce your point total by 10. So deleted erroneous text in original post. To create a vampire or robot, you can do that.

But, you may be asking if the ruleset automates the consequences of absent Stamina, like immunity to exhaustion (per the rules you cited). It doesn't; you have to remember it (or refer to the power). You often would get Immunity, which I described in my original post.]

Usually, you would get an Immunity to Fortitude effects (30 pts) b/c otherwise, your PC would not have any Fortitude defense. There isn't any automation that warns you that your PC has absent Stamina, or that you are Immune to Fort effects. You have to remember it yourself.

For reference, check out the Construct NPC, which is based on the Archetype of the same name in the Deluxe Handbook (page 36).

Hope that helps.
    Last edited by Ryuson; October 28th, 2022 at 23:52.

Thread Information