Fantasy Grounds Fridays Pre
  1. #1

    Very long time to load books into the client

    I noticed the other night (as a player) and Saturday night (as a master) that it takes a very long time to load the manuals.
    For example tonight I shared the manuals for the players, but after an hour on the client there is still no manual visible.
    Is this normal?

  2. #2
    JohnD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Winnipeg Canada
    Posts
    4,794
    Blog Entries
    1
    No that sure wouldn't be normal.
    DMing since February 1979. FGC & FGU Ultimate License holder.

    Currently GMing:
    * Yggsburgh and Castle Zagyg - Castles and Crusades Greyhawk (Monday | Friday)
    * AD&D Bandit Kingdoms (Friday)
    * AD&D Kron Hills (Saturday)

    Thanks for 8+ years of gaming via FG my friends (AD&D 2e / 3.5e / Rolemaster Classic / Castles & Crusades / Pathfinder / Savage Worlds / 5e).

    There/Their/They're are all different words and do not mean the same thing.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by graziano.girelli View Post
    I noticed the other night (as a player) and Saturday night (as a master) that it takes a very long time to load the manuals.
    For example tonight I shared the manuals for the players, but after an hour on the client there is still no manual visible.
    Is this normal?
    I'd say try just the Players Handbook and see if that pushes quickly or still takes a long time.

    If it doesn't load in a timely fashion there might be some connection problems. I had a problem like that in the past where my router triggered the anti-flood protection when people download the player modules. It caused all sorts of annoying problems. It usually showed in chat as player connected, player lost connection, player connected. On the player side it just sat trying to download and they never saw any indication of the disconnect so it tried and tried but never succeeded because of the disconnect caused by the flood control. Turning it off fixed that problem.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by esmdev View Post
    I'd say try just the Players Handbook and see if that pushes quickly or still takes a long time.

    If it doesn't load in a timely fashion there might be some connection problems. I had a problem like that in the past where my router triggered the anti-flood protection when people download the player modules. It caused all sorts of annoying problems. It usually showed in chat as player connected, player lost connection, player connected. On the player side it just sat trying to download and they never saw any indication of the disconnect so it tried and tried but never succeeded because of the disconnect caused by the flood control. Turning it off fixed that problem.
    I try: same problems also on local network. As far as I know, the books that the master shares should load on clients automatically.
    The only way to have them on the client was to enter the "modules" section and press the "load" button manually.
    In this way it took very few minutes to load everything.

  5. #5
    Trenloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Newcastle, UK (for a bit)
    Posts
    27,785
    Quote Originally Posted by graziano.girelli View Post
    As far as I know, the books that the master shares should load on clients automatically.
    You're giving permission for a player to open a library module. The players still have to open those library modules.

    There are some standard groups that the players can open with one button click from the second Campaign setup screen displayed when first joining a campaign (or press the "Setup" button in the campaign options window to bring up the campaign setup window).
    FG Con 16 Fantasy Grounds Online RPG Convention - Postponed New date To Be Confirmed.
    Register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.

    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
DMsGuild Classic

Log in

Log in