FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Evolivolution View Post
    All the classes in Starfinder are point based, you have a certain amout of spells each day and you can cast whatever spell you want as long as you know it (you don't have to prepare spells, which would be the other system.) I really like what you did with the update for spellcasting, the functionality is very good. I think what snow means would be a new function so that if you cast a spell (press the cast icon in the action it automaticaly ticks of one used spell slot, but I honestly think this should stay manual.
    You are correct, this will remain manual. Thank you for the feedback. It certainly needed some streamlining. This will be in TEST for another week and will be here keeping a microscope on the feedback to ensure it's great when it goes LIVE.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

I do also have a request: I don't know how difficult this is to implement but since you are reworking things on the character sheet would it be possible to also change up the weapon damage formula to 1; include CL in the selctable stat like the Spell damage formula does and 2; inlcude a second "Multi x Stat (Max)" section. This would be great for automating proficiency and it also gives a little more customisability for ambitious GMs
    Attached Images Attached Images

So you want the weapon damage to function like the spell helper or vice versa?

The semi-colons threw me off. I think I understand, but any additional information would be great. I'll have a look and see if we can arrange that for you.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

Yes, I realize that the official classes are spontaneous casters but the rule set is still based on the 3.5 / pathfinder ruleset and the function was there given the fact that you can select a points spell caster. Me and my group play with a lot classes, monsters and spell classes from different systems converted to starfinder. One of those happen to be psionics. I was just hoping that it would be something easy to fix. I spent an hour trying to see if I could figure out, but no such luck. I'm not close to being as smart as you guys.

Also I think you guys are doing a great job and it does look awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    So you want the weapon damage to function like the spell helper or vice versa?

The semi-colons threw me off. I think I understand, but any additional information would be great. I'll have a look and see if we can arrange that for you.
    Uhm so I'll write out the formula I'd like to see, I hope this helps... [DICE] + [Multi x Stat (Max)] + [Multi x Stat (Max)] + [Bonus].
    [DICE] ~ Dice input
    [Multi x Stat (max)] ~ Stat input cycling through CL, Even CLs, Odd CLs, Str, Dex, Con, Int, Wis, Cha, - with a multiplier in front and a max behind it both beeing number inputs
    [BONUS] ~ Number input

Quote Originally Posted by snow1701 View Post
    Yes, I realize that the official classes are spontaneous casters but the rule set is still based on the 3.5 / pathfinder ruleset and the function was there given the fact that you can select a points spell caster. Me and my group play with a lot classes, monsters and spell classes from different systems converted to starfinder. One of those happen to be psionics. I was just hoping that it would be something easy to fix. I spent an hour trying to see if I could figure out, but no such luck. I'm not close to being as smart as you guys.

My players are also using some pathfinder legacy abilities from time to time. But I think the ruleset should be consistent in supporting Starfinder and Starfinder only. I'd recommend for you to homebrew these abilites so it fits the ruleset or find another workaround your players and you find acceptable.

EDIT: Sorry this doesn't really fit the update thread

Quote Originally Posted by snow1701 View Post

Thank you for the feedback, and you are correct that the ruleset borrows a big bunch of it's code from PF/3.5e. The plan was to remove it since I can't find rules to support it. I can leave the option there to use it, to help track the points, but there won't be any automation to help it along. The spells don't contain the needed information to make it work correctly. Also we don't want to force automation in tracking spells. Gatekeeping and full automation hurt many features of the ruleset and we had to dial that back.

Quote Originally Posted by Evolivolution View Post
    Uhm so I'll write out the formula I'd like to see, I hope this helps... [DICE] + [Multi x Stat (Max)] + [Multi x Stat (Max)] + [Bonus].
    [DICE] ~ Dice input
    [Multi x Stat (max)] ~ Stat input cycling through CL, Even CLs, Odd CLs, Str, Dex, Con, Int, Wis, Cha, - with a multiplier in front and a max behind it both beeing number inputs
    [BONUS] ~ Number input
    Yes, thank you! Let me see if we can get this to work. If not, it will be on the list of one of the first things to expand upon.
    Last edited by superteddy57; October 10th, 2020 at 02:16.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    Yes, thank you! Let me see if we can get this to work. If not, it will be on the list of one of the first things to expand upon.
    Awesome thanks a lot!

I am really excited to see these new ruleset updates for SFRPG. I was worried that development of the SF ruleset was dead. I too think it's best to focus on replicating core rules. I would love to see spell and ability casting from the GM combat tracker similar to the D&D 5e ruleset. Thank you for your hard work!
    FGU Ultimate License
    FG Discord - Lord_Ulric
    Time Zone: US Eastern (GMT -5)
    Playing -
    Starfinder, D&D, Savage Worlds, Call of Cthulhu, Hero System aka Champions, Traveller, and more!
    My Forge Creations

Thread Information