STAR TREK 2d20

Manually creating saving throws?

Sorry if this is posted somewhere, but I couldn't find an answer. Is there a way to manually create a saving throw with a DC for everyone to roll against and see the result? For example, a pit open up under their feet and I want everyone to make a DC 20 Reflex save? Or do I just keep it simple and have them go ahead a roll and tell them if they make it?

In Pathfinder ruleset you can do that from the party sheet. Personally, I prefer to let my players roll the saving throws for their characters so they get invovled in what's going on.

you can also make a dummy NPC with all the actions of traps which you keep hidden in the CT (Or an NPC/trap for each trap but that might clutter things up)

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    you can also make a dummy NPC with all the actions of traps which you keep hidden in the CT (Or an NPC/trap for each trap but that might clutter things up)
    I make a "Pit Trap" NPC with a spell effect Pit Trap set the DC 20, and damage dice. pit is 30 feet deep so 3d6, Reflex for half. "Fireball Trap", "Spear Trap". don't forget the "Poison Needle Trap" and "Skunk Trap" rinse and repeat.

These are the modules and extensions created and/or taken over by dellanx for PFRPG.

I had a lot of help and advice from many here at FG.

Thank You!

See the section on traps, starting on page 9, here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...0&d=1454520757
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by elef View Post
    In Pathfinder ruleset you can do that from the party sheet. Personally, I prefer to let my players roll the saving throws for their characters so they get invovled in what's going on.
    I had no idea that the DC entered there was used for saving throws rolled via double click in the list above. Very cool (although I'm sure most players would rather roll and have you tell them if they make it).

Thread Information