FG Spreadshirt Swag

FG Abyssal Pack....Really well done, one of the best map packs on the market place.

Running Decent into Avernus and my group is in the early stages of Chapter 3.
    Now I been using Patreon maps and whatever I can found that I worked on alot through out the campaign.
    For Avernus however the maps have been decent but not great, I missed a good map pack for this setting.
    And low and behold I thought, after literally I have created already a dozen encounter maps and every Quest place in the entire Chapter 3 to 5....Im now redoing them all.
    And thats cause the Abyssal Map pack is just gorgeous and finally a map pack that truly includes everything, and I mean everything, for a desert, moutainous setting.
    This map pack is also perfect for a mountain encounter map or any deserts you might think of. I love how the tiles can be mixed around however you want and just fit perfectly with eachother.
    Thats some truly masterful eye for details to be able to have all times just fit with eachother regardless of order. And the brushes, in the form of rivers, trees, rocks, CLIFFS...they blend in beautiful and its just so easy to work with.
    I wish I found this a few weeks back since I spent easy 200 hours just preparing for Chapter 3 for Decend into Avernus (It must be perfect, the setting must be perfect, and the story needs to be....perfect, and I added around 50% more content for the entire campaign).

So thank you for that pack guys, its extremly well done and anyone that is doing campaigns in a Desert, or Decend into Avernus, or just Rime Frost Maiden to be fair...Some of those tiles can easily be colored to fit a perfect mountainous area in an artic climate and fits right in.

Blog Entries
    Man I really need to learn how to do this map making stuff.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
    Man I really need to learn how to do this map making stuff.
    Using the Tile packs is super easy. I absolutely suck at creating my own content with drawings. I just download.jpegs and work on them with the ingame FGU tools for LOS etc.
    There are a few Patreons out there that have absurd maps.
    Check out Pogs for Avernus maps. He have encounter maps for the entire Decend Into Avernus campaign and they are gorgeous.
    But complementing this with the FG Abyssal pack for especially Decend into avernus made it really nice. Was able to make a 5000*5000 feet massive Encounter map with River Styx running through and placing 2 Styx Watch towers, creating cliff sides etcc.
    In general the Map tile packs is solid for dungeons but the Abyssal Pack is great for making open maps, although they specifically are tied to Desert, hell, Mountain area encounter maps. But the pack have so many "brushes" etc you can use it in combination with .jpeg maps you use from for example pog to bring
    them to even more life if you want.

Personally Encounter maps is extremly important to me as a DM. I want them to create the atmosphere.
    The WoTC maps in almost alll campaigns apart from Storm King Thunder are just awful. SKT have great maps for the Adventure areas but as all such modules, have zero encounter maps. But playing on a virtual table top makes it so that its easy to create.
    I missed maps over Styx and did not realize the FG Abyssal pack had that covered and then some.

Its very easy to work with mate, even I can do it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Descentinto...ogs_map_guide/

Pogs have really good maps and most of them he have on his Reddit page for free download. Just click on his Reddit name and browse through the pictures he have posted.
    Or become a patreon member.
    But I found everything for Chapter 1 to 5 just on his Reddit page, then added a few myself, and with the Abyssal pack even more creations.
    But he have great maps for the Dead 3 Dungeon, Sewers, Elturel High Cathedral and catacombs etc, and alot for Avernus.
    You wont find a map pack that does what he does but I use map packs for massive encounter maps where I want to create an area or a few for general purpose.

Thank you so much, Gissur. I am thrilled that you are enjoying the map pack. I have been hard at work, creating many more art packages, and with the new art subscription option, I am so excited to see all of the community-created art content.

Quote Originally Posted by Gissur View Post
    Running Decent into Avernus and my group is in the early stages of Chapter 3.
    Now I been using Patreon maps and whatever I can found that I worked on alot through out the campaign.
    For Avernus however the maps have been decent but not great, I missed a good map pack for this setting.
    And low and behold I thought, after literally I have created already a dozen encounter maps and every Quest place in the entire Chapter 3 to 5....Im now redoing them all.
    And thats cause the Abyssal Map pack is just gorgeous and finally a map pack that truly includes everything, and I mean everything, for a desert, moutainous setting.
    This map pack is also perfect for a mountain encounter map or any deserts you might think of. I love how the tiles can be mixed around however you want and just fit perfectly with eachother.
    Thats some truly masterful eye for details to be able to have all times just fit with eachother regardless of order. And the brushes, in the form of rivers, trees, rocks, CLIFFS...they blend in beautiful and its just so easy to work with.
    I wish I found this a few weeks back since I spent easy 200 hours just preparing for Chapter 3 for Decend into Avernus (It must be perfect, the setting must be perfect, and the story needs to be....perfect, and I added around 50% more content for the entire campaign).

So thank you for that pack guys, its extremly well done and anyone that is doing campaigns in a Desert, or Decend into Avernus, or just Rime Frost Maiden to be fair...Some of those tiles can easily be colored to fit a perfect mountainous area in an artic climate and fits right in.
    can you share de link of the map pack? i can't find it

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Juliodgm View Post
    can you share de link of the map pack? i can't find it
    Title of the post is misleading, correct name is; FG Abyss Map Pack

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store...KARTPACK_ABYSS

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    Note, you need the pack (and the 2019) but you can see a map I made using it here; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post547966

That threads kind of fin, its folks sharing maps they have made using the various map packs in FGU and you can download the modules to use them yourself, or see how others do.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Title of the post is misleading, correct name is; FG Abyss Map Pack

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store...KARTPACK_ABYSS
    Thanks

Thread Information