5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Token Locking, Graphic and Font size

I like the new locking mechanism. The graphic and fonts are good as well BUT they are to large. Are there any plans to reduce the graphic and font size a bit so it's not so large? A 30% reduction would probably be fine.

The distance is larger than the token waypoints. Maybe place the numbers on the travel line instead of the waypoint? The last travel arrow is a bit to large.
    Last edited by celestian; October 1st, 2020 at 20:17.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    I like the new locking mechanism. The graphic and fonts are good as well BUT they are to large. Are there any plans to reduce the graphic and font size a bit so it's not so large? A 30% reduction would probably be fine.
    I'd prefer it somehow tied to the /scaleui command so that older people like me who have to set that higher to easily read stuff, can also have it effect the graphic sizes and font sizes. For sure I don't need to squint or use reading glasses just to look at my computer screen.

That would be my preference anyway - user controllable to deal with different desired sizes.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Blog Entries
    I imagine these things are tied to the grid scale, though it's always possible it could be impacted by rulesets and themes? Not sure. But I would suggest that at a minimum folks list the grid sizes they are using. And pictures are also great to see to get a sense of what folks feel is too large and too small

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

There are planned changes in the works over the next couple of releases.

Regards,
    JPG

The distance is larger than the token waypoints. Maybe place the numbers on the travel line instead of the waypoint? The last travel arrow is a bit to large.
    Given your picture you added I'm absolutely sure its map grid size. My distance font is not that large. I just had an issue that was essentially the same thing in an extension here - same thing only it instead of font it was a widget. Matters what function you call to get the token size when placing something in it. One will be raw - the other will compensate for token scaling from grid size.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    Given your picture you added I'm absolutely sure its map grid size. My distance font is not that large. I just had an issue that was essentially the same thing in an extension here - same thing only it instead of font it was a widget. Matters what function you call to get the token size when placing something in it. One will be raw - the other will compensate for token scaling from grid size.
    50 px

25 px

The scale is only smaller but the font and graphic is still to large. I don't think it has much to do with what im referring to at least.

We'll see what the new revisions do.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

50 px

25 px

The scale is only smaller but the font and graphic is still to large. I don't think it has much to do with what im referring to at least.

We'll see what the new revisions do.
    This is mine. You can see my grid size/map scale (both are part of scaling) has smaller size than yours. This is that pixel size and how you retrieve it thing. If you get the raw token size its going to not be consistent you have to make the function call to get the current image size to have it work properly.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by SilentRuin; October 1st, 2020 at 22:51.

Although at the moments it's too big and also a bit brightly coloured... I imagine the colouring is possibly tied to reaching the end of a tokens move limit so if you have move 30 the closer you get to 30 the redder the line gets? Or maybe just wishful thinking.

It would help in combat knowing just from the move token option how far you can move and have left to move.

Thread Information