STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Thread: NPC Maker 5E

Does this work with Fantasy Grounds Unity or only with Classic?

Birthday Sale!

Hey guys! June 19th is my birthday and I wanted to do something nice. NPC Maker 5E is 50% off for the day. Take this link and pass it on to a friend.
    (Only valid June 19th 2021, 12am central through 11:59am)
    https://www.dmsguild.com/browse.php?discount=95c0e1f02d

Quote Originally Posted by pr6i6e6st View Post
    update
    fixes a few errors and mistakes, fixed up templates and added options to templates for type, size and alignment. If you have the Random Encounter Generator extension, the Random Encounter Generator will have a new option to use NPC Templates to create random NPCs using two random templates.
    I am using your NPC maker, and i would like to know how to clear the Powers Tab.
    I hit reset at the top of the Main tab, and it still has the last thing i used.

How do i remove the last entries?

The powers tab is just a search function. Clear the text field used to type in what you were searching for.

Edit: you use the powers tab to search powers, and you can either double click to add to the main tab, or open a copy of the details and drag that into the allocated spots on the main tab.
    Last edited by pr6i6e6st; July 9th, 2021 at 12:32.

It appears that this no longer exists on the DM's Guild. Sad..just started a 5e campaign and needed a way to adjust a million variants of the standard bandit and their scimitars (really?) with more plausible weapons. Are there any updated links?

Edit: Disregard. For some reason, I kept getting a "This URL wasn't found" when trying to check out with the item in my cart. It finally went through. PEBCAK.

Edit2: Sadly it doesn't allow for drag and drop of weapons. Back to the drawing board!

GBFF
    Last edited by GunbunnyFuFu; October 3rd, 2021 at 15:26.
    Ultimate Edition license holder - No License Needed to Play My Games (Need Demo Version of FG Downloaded)

Timezone: Eastern Standard Time (EST) United States; GMT -5 hours

It's not drag and drop, but just change out the verbiage for the weapons to what you want, FG is what parses it into usable actions on the Combat Tracker, the NPC's don't "really" have weapons by default there, it's an interpretation of the stat blocks text. So if you want to replace a scimitar with a greatsword, just change the text to reflect it and the proper damage.

Quote Originally Posted by GunbunnyFuFu View Post
    It appears that this no longer exists on the DM's Guild. Sad..just started a 5e campaign and needed a way to adjust a million variants of the standard bandit and their scimitars (really?) with more plausible weapons. Are there any updated links?

Edit: Disregard. For some reason, I kept getting a "This URL wasn't found" when trying to check out with the item in my cart. It finally went through. PEBCAK.

Edit2: Sadly it doesn't allow for drag and drop of weapons. Back to the drawing board!

GBFF
    “Weapons” are “Actions” to NPC's, so you can use the “Power” tab to find the weapon attack action of another NPC to use, which can be double clicked to add to your build.

V.1.0 update provides the new Bonus Action list

Is anyone else having issues where NPC Maker lags FGU so much it freezes and you have to restart? I have tried three times in a row now to make an NPC, and it just gets stuck and frozen to the point I have to restart FGU. First it was trying to change the CR target field. Typing any number in that field would take several minutes to buffer a change to. Second try it just froze FGU trying to process typing in the field. Third try it just froze up hitting "NPC Maker" in the NPC window. I tried using a fresh campaign with no other extensions and it seemed to work well there, but I don't understand why this is the case.

I've occasionally had FGU behave that way. I didn't have NPC Maker when it happened.
    Perhaps it's a FGU issue, not a NPC Maker issue?

Thread Information