DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Custom Class Spellcasting Problem

My group and I are playing a game using the Hellscapes rule supplement (Think 5e in a post-apocalyptic sci-fi skin) that I was trying to port to Fantasy Grounds, but I've run into a bit of a snag. I've got all the classes added, but Fantasy Grounds isn't recognizing them as spellcasting classes. Hellscapes calls spells "gambits" and spellcasting "gambit pulling" by default, but I figured that would screw things up, so I reworded things back to standard 5e verbiage to make things easier. But when I make a character with one of the new classes, it doesn't calculate spell slots automatically, and the character wizard doesn't prompt for you to add spells. Anyone have any suggestions as to what I might be doing wrong and who to fix it?

Hi gannon, welcome to FG

You'll need to follow the way FG expects spellcasting classes to work. See the second video linked here for details https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...Creation-Video

I'd probably just use drag and drop for the moment - not sure that the character wizard supports homebrewed classes all that well.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I actually was following along with that video when I made the classes. It's why I new I'd have to change "gambits" back to "spells" if I didn't want the .xml to have a tantrum. Any, I ended up getting it to work by closing out FG and restarting it again. No idea why that help, but goes to show, stick to the golden rule of IT: When in doubt, turn it off and on again.

Thanks anyway, though. Good to know the wizard is a lost cause. I never liked using it anyway.

Thread Information