DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 6 of 20 First ... 4567816 ... Last
    I see the subscription page is updated with some new packs. Fundamentals and whatnot. Updating FGU is not downloading the new packs. Should it? Or will that be tomorrow during regular update days?

If so, a pox on you for teasing me with new content.

Thanks anyway.

Edit: I'm such an idiot. I just realized these are finished maps and not assets. However, I still can't actually find them. But I'm guessing I just have to wait.
    Last edited by Jaybob32; October 19th, 2020 at 19:56.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaybob32 View Post
    I see the subscription page is updated with some new packs. Fundamentals and whatnot. Updating FGU is not downloading the new packs. Should it? Or will that be tomorrow during regular update days?

If so, a pox on you for teasing me with new content.

Thanks anyway.

Edit: I'm such an idiot. I just realized these are finished maps and not assets. However, I still can't actually find them. But I'm guessing I just have to wait.
    Well, I was going to talk to the person who set those up -- but then I remembered the doctor said it wasn't healthy to talk to myself that much. It's been magically fixed and they should download now.

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    Well, I was going to talk to the person who set those up -- but then I remembered the doctor said it wasn't healthy to talk to myself that much. It's been magically fixed and they should download now.
    Talking to yourself is fine. My doctor says don't forget to turn on downloads.

"How else am I supposed to have an intelligent conversation?"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nylanfs View Post
    "How else am I supposed to have an intelligent conversation?"

Quote Originally Posted by lavoiejh View Post
    I will chime in, in favor of the current pricing model. I wouldn't necessarily be interested in paying roughly $60/yr to "subscribe to own" art packs. It doesn't matter how great they are or how much value they give, I don't think that I make my own maps enough to make it worth it, as currently I'm running Curse of Strahd and all my maps are pre-made. However, I plan to run an Eberron campaign next, which will be much more homebrew in nature. I think it is much more likely that I will find value in subscribing for the 3-6 months that game runs and get the full value of the subscription during that time. If it were "subscribe to own" or some similar model, I would feel much more pressure to continue to pay once I move onto my next campaign just to not miss out on packs that are released during that time in case I need them in the future. With this model, you can subscribe for a couple months here or there and get the full value of the art packs immediately, and I think that will meet my needs perfectly.
    The subscribe to own model is full access to everything while the subscription is current, and continued access to what was released during the periods you subscribed when the subscription is not current. For example, I own the 2019 art pack. If I subscribed today, I would gain access to the 10 packs that I do not own. If 2 packs are added next month, I would have access to all 13 packs, but I would only own 3 of them (2019 and the 2 new ones). If I did not renew, I would only have access to the 3 I own. This is the Syrinscape model. The access you have while subscribing is identical to a pure subscription model, the difference is the access you have later. This would require more work on Smiteworks part to implement since they would have to add each new product to the owned list of all subscribers at the time of release.

Maybe they should let us vote with our wallets. Add a $6/month, $60/year that is the Syrinscape model and see how many people opt for each option. As long as someone maintains their subscription, it is just additional revenue.

My thought on this is that even $1 per month is vastly more than the cost of buying them outright given how long I have already used FG. And since one of my two primary reasons for using FG is that I have outlived so many other web-services but FG gives perpetual licenses, such a subscription is a vulnerability I'd rather not take on. As a GM who runs very sandboxy games where I don't always know ahead of time what I'll need visually, these are great products for me. So thanks for the option to buy them, but I'll pass on the sub at any price.

Blog Entries
    The value proposition will mostly depend on how much of the new content we release each month you will end up buying and how much you already own. I expect we will be adding roughly $120 to $200 worth of art packs to the subscription annually.

Hi. I purchased the subscription today and then ran an update. It looks like all the packs downloaded because I am seeing them in my vault directory, but not all of them are showing up in my modules window. What am I doing wrong? Any help would be appreciated.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by VTHokie93 View Post
    Hi. I purchased the subscription today and then ran an update. It looks like all the packs downloaded because I am seeing them in my vault directory, but not all of them are showing up in my modules window. What am I doing wrong? Any help would be appreciated.
    That is correct.

You can find them all under the Assets folder. It is no longer necessary to load modules that are just tokens or images.

Thread Information