DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 4 of 20 First ... 2345614 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    That idea has definite merit, but for now we want to track them separately.

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    Our model is a bit different than Syrinscape's model. If you cancel the sub, you lose access to everything in the sub. You don't gain any of the packs that were released while you were subscribed; however, you instantly gain access to everything ever released in the subscription the moment you re-sub. You don't miss any packs, essentially. You either have access or you don't based on the subscription status.
    With Syrinscape you have access to everything while subscribed, but you keep everything released if you cancel. The only difference I see in your subscription is a former subscriber loses everything. The Syrinscape type of model is premised on the assumption that the person who subscribes would likely buy some but not all of the released products covered by the subscription, so in return for providing a steady income stream to fund development, the subscriber gets to keep the products released during their subscription.

I admit it is a different model, but I think the pure subscription model will result in far fewer subscribers than if you used the Syrinscape model. Right now getting the subscription and maintaining it makes a lot of sense for someone who makes a lot of maps. It doesn't for someone who mainly runs existing adventures and just needs a few battle maps or wants to supplement with a side adventure or two in a prepared module. Alternatively, the subscription should at least offer a deep discount to purchase the art packs (similar to EA and Microsoft with their game subscriptions).

OK silly question time.

So if I get a subscription and make a bunch of maps then my subscription ends can I still use the maps I made? I think the answer is no but you talk about images and not maps so I want to make sure it is clear. I take it none of the maps I make can be exported? Is there anyway to share maps I make with friends so they could use them in their games?

As you can guess I have not bought a map pack so this is new territory for me. If I could use the maps I made, I could see where as a DM when I know I am kicking off a new session, I might get this for a month or two make my maps then drop the subscription until the next new session kicks off then pick it up again. Just a thought.
    Last edited by Granamere; October 8th, 2020 at 01:53.
    If you want a Wishlist in the Fantasy grounds store klick the link and upvote it.
    https://fgapp.idea.informer.com/proj/fgapp?ia=135468

Quote Originally Posted by Granamere View Post
    So if I get a subscription and make a bunch of maps then my subscription ends can I still use the maps I made?
    This is answered in the page linked in post #1.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    This is answered in the page linked in post #1.
    So if I get a subscription and make a bunch of maps then my subscription ends can I still use the maps I made? I think the answer is no but you talk about images and not maps so I want to make sure it is clear.
    So no the answer is not linked in post 1. The site says images not maps as I stated. I try not to assume and guess incorrectly.

One other small thing. The store link at the top of this page is different than the store link at the top of the store page. This one does not have the "Art Subscription" in the drop down.
    Last edited by Granamere; October 8th, 2020 at 02:04.
    If you want a Wishlist in the Fantasy grounds store klick the link and upvote it.

So no the answer is not linked in post 1. The site says images not maps as I stated. I try not to assume and guess incorrectly.
    Trenloe is right, you can read in the provided link:

Fantasy Ground Unity will remember what assets you are trying to use, but they [images] won't display. Instead, they will display as red question marks since the assets will no longer be on your account. You would have to renew your subscription and run an update to re-activate them.
    That was about images/maps, and about assets:
    The art will only be active on your account for as long as you maintain your subscription. It terminates immediately upon termination of your subscription. If you choose to cancel your subscription, you can always re-subscribe at a later date, run and update and resume where you left off.
    Or I do not understand what you are asking for (with images you probably meant assets, but the FAQ means with "images" what you call "maps") (and images and maps are the same in FG slang, then there are also assets)

Edit: So: Assets = the stuff you use to create images/maps
    Last edited by Kelrugem; October 8th, 2020 at 02:23.

If this is the case then the site need to clearly state maps will not be usable which from my original post is what I assume but it needs to be clearly spelled out because others could assume they lose access to just the "images" that are used to make the maps and not their created work.

If this is the case then the site need to clearly state maps will not be usable which from my original post is what I assume but it needs to be clearly spelled out because others could assume they lose access to just the "images" that are used to make the maps and not their created work.
    The question answering the stuff of images/maps in the FAQ reads
    What happens to images I create using art assets in the sub if I cancel my subscription?
    That question makes it clear that it is about what you create with assets

But it could be of course that I am just not confused because I am using FGC/U already a long time Hence, might be more difficult for me to see such possible misunderstandings because I am used to these technical terms
    Last edited by Kelrugem; October 8th, 2020 at 02:53.

Most people that have subscription models Adobe, Microsoft Office, etc. when the subscription runs out you get to keep what you make. My images and documents and all I still have. I just can not make more. Most people will expect the same thing here.

Also an image to a person is just that a picture. A map especially in FGU is much more than an image. It can have LOS built into it. People will see it differently from a simple image.

I expect from my Silly question post as stated, if you read it, that people will lose access to them. My point is this need to be clearly stated and not be left for someone to misunderstand and be upset when the subscription ends.

As you point out what may be clear to the long time expert might not be clear to the novice.

One other question that should be on the page is does this work with Classic? I know it says Unity multiple times on the page but that might save SmiteWorks from have to refund some people that miss it is Unity only.
    Last edited by Granamere; October 8th, 2020 at 03:13.

Most people that have subscription models Adobe, Microsoft Office, etc. when the subscription runs out you get to keep what you make. My images and documents and all I still have. I just can not make more. Most people will expect the same thing here.
    Yeah, I see where the confusion comes from (though that is due to how this image and asset stuff works in FGU; the advantage of FGU's system is that we now can make copies and use copyright materials, we could even share it because the image/map is only shown when you own the copyright thing in some sense)

Thread Information