DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Wish List: See through walls

Hello there, I am still pretty new to Fantasy Grounds Unity, so I apologize if this is not the proper place to ask this, or if it has been answered somewhere else already, I looked but couldn't find anything.

Is there any plans on adding see through walls as a wall layer option? A wall that doesn't break line of sight but does stop player movement. I was trying to build an sunken pit arena where the PCs could see the stands and the crowd, but was unable to move there.

Thanks

Yes.. that's easy, you just unlock the map, upper right corner and remove or don't add line of sight to those sections you wan't players to look through.

Quote Originally Posted by vaughnlannister View Post
    Yes.. that's easy, you just unlock the map, upper right corner and remove or don't add line of sight to those sections you wan't players to look through.
    If I did that then wouldn't they be able to move into the sections I don't want them to move into?

You're right they.. would, just token lock them.. just in case then.. if they try to move through the walls.

You can submit your request here, though probably other things have a higher priority for now: https://fg2app.idea.informer.com

Quote Originally Posted by vaughnlannister View Post
    You're right they.. would, just token lock them.. just in case then.. if they try to move through the walls.

You can submit your request here, though probably other things have a higher priority for now: https://fg2app.idea.informer.com
    OK, thanks. Yeah, I was trying to avoid token locking. But I am glad it got implemented recently so I do have that option. I figured it wasn't something that was vitally important, thanks for the link, I will go submit a request now.

I just thought of something... you could try placing the walls.. then turn on line of sight.. and use the reveal area.. for the area behind the walls.. I'm not sure though if it will make your players look through the walls though.. or if the walls will still block their view of the area.

yes, that is a feature people have been requesting since the start of the LoS testing. I believe it's on the wishlist. I imagine that now that they have ironed out most of the bugs they seem to be moving more toward feature improvements, and hopefully we'll see this relatively soon.

Blog Entries
    This request is already on the Wish List. Please just find the correct entry and vote on it.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    This request is already on the Wish List. Please just find the correct entry and vote on it.
    I saw that when I went there and voted on one of the ones already on there.

In the meantime, I found a work around. I just surrounded my sunken pit with a very large door terrain (pretty much all of the map outside the pit is one door) and locked it. It stops movement but allows the PCs to look into the door area. Of course if they hover over it, it all turns blue, but that's ok. Thanks for the advice and leading me to the wish list. There are a lot of other things I want now that I didn't know I wanted before!

For others who want this:
    https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=134002

also note that this is already "under consideration"
    Last edited by bmos; September 30th, 2020 at 19:51.

Thread Information